1. In feeding children, adults are responsible for determining
c. the quantity and quality of foods prepared.
2. Children should be fed
c. at about the same times each day.
3. The best way to encourage children to consume adequate nutrients with less than
1. A secondary deficiency of a vitamin occurs when
b. absorption is inadequate or excessive amounts are excreted.
2. An example of someone who has a relatively high risk for vitamin deficiencies is a(n)
b. elderly man living independently.
1. In-depth nutrition interventions are provided by
d. registered dietitians.
2. An example of a common cause of iatrogenic malnutrition is
a. scheduling of daily tests that prevents the patient from eating meals.
3. Noninvasive measurements of height, we
1. If a woman who drinks a cup of decaffeinated coffee in the morning, a cup of fruit
juice with lunch, 6 cups of water throughout the day and a cup of tea at bedtime, her
fluid intake would be considered
2. Hard water contains high levels of