1. What is zoning? Discuss a scenario:
Zoning is an FC switch functions that allows the segmentation of node ports in the fabric
into groups, as well as enables the groups to communicate with each other.
a. Where WWN zo
Homework Assignment 7
1. SAN is configured for a backup-to-disk environment, and the storage configuration has
additional capacity available. Can you have a NAS gateway configuration use this SANattached storage? Discuss t
Homework Assignment 4
1. Research Cache Coherency mechanisms and explain how they address the environment with
multiple shared caches.
The cache coherence problem is that multiple copies of the same data can exist in different cache
Chapter 3 Assignment
1. Why is RAID 1 not a substitute for a backup?
From what I understand the RAID 1 functions are done using the computer software,
loading the CPU/Server with a lot of stress. This can by inefficient at times due
Homework Assignment 2
1. What are the advantages of a virtualized data center over a classic data center?
Three big advantages to a virtualized data center over a classic data center are less heat
buildup, reduced cost, and faster r