Business and Society
The Performance Expectations Gap
- Failure to understand stakeholder concerns and to respond appropriately will:
o Permit the performancesexpectations gap to grow
o The larger the gap, the greater the risk of stakeholder backlash or o
Shareholder activism enables shareholders to implement their powers as owners of the
company in order to increase value in the long-term. Institutional investors are one group that
engage in shareholder activism. They use pensions
Enlightened Self-Interest in Business
A company should adopt an approach of enlightened self-interest when fulfilling its
social responsibility because the idea of enlightened self-interest is to focus on making profit
while furthering the interest of oth
READING QUIZ: CHAPTER (3)
1. Which of the following is an argument against corporate social responsibility?
A. Improves business value and reputation.
B. A majority of stockholders are against it.
C. Creates an imbalance between corporate power and its ec
READING QUIZ: CHAPTER (5)
1. Mature adults typically base their ethical reasoning on broad principles and relationships such
A. Human rights and constitutional guarantees of human dignity.
B. Universal principles of justice.
C. Customs and traditions
READING QUIZ: CHAPTER (2)
1. The role of special interest groups is an important element in acquiring intelligence from the:
A. Social environment
B. Customer environment
C. Competitor Environment
D. Economic Environment
2. Contemporary issue management: