1. In a reuse partitioning system, channels are assigned to inner cells and
outer cells according to a 1-cell and 3-cell reuse plan respectively. Area of the
inner cell is twice the area of the outer cell. If a total of 900 channels are
Scenario and Assumptions
What is Asterisk?
6 Call Detail Records and QoSStatistics
7 Asterisk Alternative Implementati
Lab Exercise 1
Objective: Physically cable an Ethernet network using routers acting as hosts.
Connect them together across three separate VLANs with a
common trunk between 802.1q capable swi
LTE coverage improvement by TTI bundling
Abstract Compared to other wireless technologies like WiMax, the LTE radio access has
a significantly shorter Transmission Time interval (TTI) in order to reduce end-to-end
delays. However, if a User Equipment (UE)
The CDMA channels can be time-division multiplexed to achieve an increase in the number of MS.
In fact, UMTS with TDD mode of operation, is a kind of TDMA plus CDMA where user signals are
differentiated not only by their power and code but also by their t
1. (Textbook problem P5.4) If each user keeps a traffic channel busy for an average of 5% time
and an average of 60 requests per hour is generated, What is the Erlang value?
Average number of call request per hour=60
1Hour= 3600 sec
1. (Textbook problem P3.14) A BS has a 900 MHz transmitter and a vehicle is moving at
the speed of 50 mph. Compute the received carrier frequency if the vehicle is moving
(a) Directly towards the BS.
(b) Directly away from the BS.
(c) In a direction that
1. Consider an antenna transmitting a power of 5W at 900MHz. The distance
between the transmit and receive antennas is 2Kms. Assuming free-space
propagation, calculate the received signal power and the path loss in dB when
(a) Transmit and receive antenna
1. Consider a multicarrier system with a total passband bandwidth of 1 MHz. Suppose the
system operates in a city with channel delay spread Tm = 20s. How many subchannels are
needed to obtain approximately flat-fading in each subchannel?
Delay spread T