Explain why information technologies and systems are so essential in business today.
Define information systems from both technical and business perspectives.
Identify and describe the three dimensions of information system tec
The effect of the server on the proposed expansion does increase its load, up to 9000 bit
per sec. Even though the server load has increased the network has the ability to handle the
expansion. The delay of the network is still constant at a
CSN200 Introduction to Telecommunications, Winter 2000
Review Questions for Test-1 (with Answers)
Review Questions for Test-1 (with Answers):
Chapter 1: Introduction to Data Communications
1.1 Network Basics
1.2 Network Layer Model (most important
1. (TCOs A, E) Using the Four Customer Experience Essentials from your textbook (Reliability,
Convenience, Responsiveness, and Relevance; see p. 18), analyze the following scenario. In your
answer, use one paragraph to address each of the Essentialswhat w
8. (TCO 3) What is meant by the You attitude? How is this used for effective business writing? In what
situations would passive voice versus active voice be appropriate? How does the wording of the message
affect how the message is perceived by the audien
13. (TCO B) For 2012, LBJ Corporation reported net income of $25,000; net sales $250,000; and weighed
average shares outstanding of 5,000. There were no preferred stock dividends. What was the 2012
earnings per share?
($25,000 minus 0) divided by 5,000 sh
19. (TCO 4) Pick the scenario below where the EPPA has been violated:
page 94-5 (this would be a witch hunt.)
A. Wal-Mart requires all pharmacist applicants to take a lie detector test prior to hiring.
B. Home Depot requires two security guards, each with
4. (TCO 5) A company wants to forecast demand using the simple moving average. If the company uses
four prior yearly sales values (i.e., year 2010 = 100, year 2011 = 120, year 2012 = 140, and year 2013 =
210), which of the following is the simple moving a
1. (TCO C) A defined group that has legal protection from employment discrimination is called a
Lecture Notes, Week One
a. Privileged group.
*b. Protected class.
2. (TCO C)_ is a proactive hiring process that seeks to correct the
(TCO A) Which of the following is not true about a server?
Stores data and software that can be accessed by the client
May be a personal computer or a mainframe on the network
In client or server computing, they work together
11. (TCO D) Who are the first customers to receive a needs assessment?
Chapter 6, page 160.
a. Poor customers
b. Most loyal customers
c. Most long-standing customers
*d. The highest value customers
12. (TCO D) Under what circumstances should all customer
1. (TCO A) Which of the following is not true about a server?
A server may perform multiple functions on a network. For example, a Web server can also act as an FTP
server. Chapter 1
a. stores data and software that can be accessed by the client.
b. may b
Name the different layers in the TCP/IP protocol model, give a brief description
of each layer, and name one protocol that is used in each layer.
FTP, Telnet, HTTP,
application layer defines standards for accessing servi
MIS589 Week 7 Network Design Management and
1. (TCO E) One of the five areas of network management as defined by the ISO is _ . (Points : 4)
- fault management
Question 2.2. (TCO E) _ allows network m
91.413 Data Communications I
Fall 2007 Midterm Solution
1. Short Answers (27 points, 3 points each problem).
a. Suppose all of the network sources send data at a constant bit rate. Would packetswitching or circuit-switching be more desirable in this case?
Chapter 5: Networks and Transport Layers
Answers to End-of-Chapter Questions
1. What does the transport layer do?
The transport layer links application software in the application layer with the network
and is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of th
1. (TCO B) This is the code of conduct that governs the marketing research profession.
See Chapter 1, "Marketing Research for Managerial Decision Making," page 13.
e. All of the above
2. (TCO B)
8. (TCO G) Target population elements actually available to be used during the sampling process
@ See Chapter 6, "Sampling: Theory and Methods," page 137.
*d. Sampling units
9. (TCO G) A study that i
9. (TCO E) A(n) _ is one of the most common examples of redundancy built into a network to
help reduce the impact of disruption.
Be familiar with how to conduct a risk assessment. Chapter 11
a. network cloaking device
b. backup punch card reader
1. (TCO C) As a DBA, you are asked to make a recommendation on selecting a DBMS, What factors do you
consider in choosing the right DBMS for an organization?
DBA needs to consider all the factors listed below:
Operating System Support
MIS589 Week 3 Quiz
3. (TCO F) Which of the following is false about staff costs for a network?
Describe the overall process of designing and implementing a network. Chapter 6
a. The most expensive part of the network today is the staff who design, operate
1. (TCO G) _ is when network managers deal with network breakdowns and immediate
problems, instead of performing tasks according to a well laid out plan.
Understand what is required to manage the day-to-day operation of networks. Chapter 12
Homework Assignment week 5
Chapter 6-Review Question 17: What is the difference between a permanent
address and a care-of address? Who assigns a care-of address?
The permanent address for a node is it's IP address when it is at it's home network
TRIGGERS, PROCEDURES & FUNCTIONS
A TRIGGER defines an action the database takes when a database-related event
The action taken consists of PL/SQL (Procedural Language/Structured Query
Language) code termed the trigger body