Chapter 16IT Controls Part II: Security and Access
1. In a computerized environment, the audit trail log must be printed onto paper documents.
2. Disguising message packets to look as if they came from another user and to gain access to
ANTHONY GIDDENS MITCHELL DUNEIER RICHARD APPELBAUM DEBORA CARR
Slides created by Shannon Anderson, Roanoke College
Chapter 3: Stratification, Class, and Inequality
Social stratification refers to the ranking of
This is a health inclined sector concerning oral or dental problems in our common
A Bright Smile For Our Generous Patrons
Oral disease continues to be a serious public health problem in the Philippines.
The prevalence of dental caries o
Lorie Mae P. Barde IA14212
I am inclined to say that yes; we should retain the
traditional culture that we Filipinos have. We should not let it be
completely overlapped by another foreign culture that is
completely on the far side of the spectrum w
Candelaria, Arielle Jasmine
1. Unethical and Illegal.
The customer has the right to return the product especially if it has a defect or
damaged. It is illegal because the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) strictly
prohibits the No Return, No
Analysis of the station ID of ABS-CBN and GMA.
As we all know, GMA and ABS-CBN are one of the most popular
companies in the Philippines when it comes to broadcasting. Companies that
are highly influential to people. After we analyzed the given station ID
Analysis of the station ID of ABS-CBN and GMA. As we all know,
GMA and ABS-CBN are one of the most popular companies in the
Philippines when it comes to broadcasting. Companies that are highly
influential to people. After we analyzed the given station
ONLINE ENROLLMENT SYSTEM
Abaco, Carl Dexter
Barde, Lorie Mae
Chiong, Melbourn Rose
Osit, Fatima M.
2. Why do fast food marketers target children in their advertising? Should they target the parents,
instead, since they are the decision makers and they may also be able to make wise decision?
Fast food marketers think that they should target children wha
REVIEWER NO. 2
REVIEW OF ADJUSTING ENTRIES
Marj Travel and Tours borrowed 600,000 from the bank on Sep. 1, 2012. The note carried an 8% annual rate of
interest and was set to mature on Feb. 28, 2013. Interest and principal were paid in cash on t
Acculturation - explains the process of cultural change and psychological change that results
following meeting between cultures. It is the process of adopting the cultural traits or social patterns
of another group.
Authority - is the legitimate or socia
STUDENT'S NAME: _
1. two or more people who interact and influence each other, are mutually accountable for
achieving common goals associated with organizational objectives
members are typically mu
FAR EASTERN UNIVERSITY
Institute of Accounts, Business and Finance
PRACTICE QUESTIONS IN PREPARATION FOR FINAL DEPARTMENTAL EXAMINATION AND 2014
PRACTICE SET 1
For each situation, reconstruct the adjusting entry that was made to ar
ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT D293
What is a strategy?
Used to achieve the goals
monitoring, analysis, and
assessment of all that is
necessary to achieve a goal
1. The mission of the Custom Coffee & Chocolate is to serve the community with
unique coffee blends and specialty chocolates and provide them a center for
leisure promoting comfortability, communication,
2. SWOT Analysis
Chapter 3Ethics, Fraud, and Internal Control
1. The ethical principle of justice asserts that the benefits of the decision should be distributed fairly to
those who share the risks.
2. The ethical principle of informed consent suggests t
Chapter 1The Information System: An Accountants Perspective
1. Information is a business resource.
2. An information system is an example of a natural system.
3. Transaction processing systems convert non-financial transactions in
Chapter 17IT Controls Part III: Systems Development, Program Changes, and
1. Programs in their compiled state are very susceptible to the threat of unauthorized modification.
2. Maintenance access to systems increase
Chapter 15IT Controls Part I: Sarbanes-Oxley and IT Governance
1. Corporate management (including the CEO) must certify monthly and annually their organizations in ternal controls over financial reporting.
2. Both the SEC and the PCAOB r
Chapter 13Managing the Systems Development Life Cycle
1. The majority of the cost of a system is incurred in the new systems development phase of the life
2. According to the text, a stakeholder is an end user of a system.
Chapter 14Construct, Deliver, and Maintain Systems Projects
1. The detailed design phase of the Systems Development Life Cycle is a linear process with each of five
steps occurring once and in its proper sequence.
2. In a Computer Aided
Chapter 12Electronic Commerce Systems
1. Because of network protocols, users of networks built by different manufacturers are able to commu nicate and share data.
2. Electronic commerce refers only to direct consumer marketing on the Int
Chapter 11Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
1. The primary goal of installing an ERP system is reducing system maintenance costs.
2. The recommended data architecture for an ERP includes separate operational and data warehouse data ba
Chapter 10The REA Approach to Business Process Modeling
1. According to the REA philosophy, information systems should support only the needs of accounting
2. Many believe that the accounting profession should shift away f
Chapter 9Database Management Systems
1. The database approach to data management is sometimes called the flat file approach.
2. The Database Management System provides a controlled environment for accessing the database.
3. To the
Chapter 8General Ledger, Financial Reporting, and Management Reporting
1. The most common means of making entries in the general ledger is via the journal voucher.
2. Individuals with access authority to general ledger accounts s
Chapter 7The Conversion Cycle
1. The philosophy of customer satisfaction permeates the world-class firm.
2. Reports generated by the cost accounting system include performance reports and budget reports.
3. The cost accounting sys
Chapter 6The Expenditure Cycle Part II: Payroll Processing and Fixed Asset
1. Time cards are used by cost accounting to allocate direct labor charges to work in process.
2. The personnel department authorizes changes in employ
Chapter 5The Expenditure Cycle Part I: Purchases and Cash Disbursements
1. Purchasing decisions are authorized by inventory control.
2. The blind copy of the purchase order that goes to the receiving department contains no ite
Chapter 2Introduction to Transaction Processing
1. Processing more transactions at a lower unit cost makes batch processing more efficient than real-time
2. The process of acquiring raw materials is part of the conversion cycle.