Management and Marketing
GBS FOR WEEK NO. 2
Period Covered: _
SCHOOL YEAR _ | _ Semester
After working in this material, the learner is expected to:
Define Nature of Management Functions;
Explain the functions of Management;
1. The stock listing for a company shows a P/E of 18, a dividend yield of 2.4%, and a
closing price of $23.76. What is the amount of dividends per share? (Points: 10) $1.32
$0.03 $0.57 $1.03
2. On September 30, the Simpson Company reported the following i
7/7/2016 1) Financial markets and institutions
Chapter 1 Why Study Money, Banking, and Financial Markets?
1) Financial markets and institutions
A) involve the movement of huge ﬂows of money.
B) affect the proﬁts of businesses.
C) affect the types of goods
1. For example, a doctor sent a bill to clients for medical services. This is an activity which possesses the first and
third characteristics but lack the second characteristic. This can be measured in terms of money. This is an action
The chosen answer is indicated by bold font.
1. All of the following are examples of organized stock exchanges EXCEPT
(a) The New York Stock Exchange.
(b) The American Stock Exchange.
(c) The Pacific Stock Exchange.
(d) The over-the-counter exc
Activity and Output
To name a few great managers whom are business executives, like Manuel V Pangilinan, Ramon
S. Ang, Jaime Augusto Zobel de Ayala, Lucio C. Tan, Henry Sy, John Gokongwei, Jr. and Jon
Ramon Aboitiz. These managers stand out fr
The symbolic view says that a manager's ability to affect performance outcomes is influenced
and constrained by external factors. According to this view, it's unreasonable to expect
managers to significantly affect an organization's perform