tL Given the ﬁle structure shown in Figure PLI, answer Problems I — 4.
FIGURE FL] The File Structure for Problems 1—4 [table Proh_l_ﬂl ofﬂJe Chﬂl_Pmblems_mdh}
21-51Itlzlfy B. Parker lam—335.3413 _.3334_ Lee Rd. Gifts-ale FL 33123. : 13333-13331]
Identity.r and discuss the serious data redundancy.r problems exhibited by the ﬁle structure shown
in Figure P13. fr he ﬁle is meant to be used as a teacher class assignment schedule. One of
the many.r problems with data redundancyr is the liitetyur oc
“tile-Wen the ﬁle structure shown in Figure P19, what problems} might you encounter if
building KDM were deleted?
If KDM was deleted, data about lll'rl'illis’conr Hawkins, Cordoza and HUM rooms ZINE, 123 and 311
would be deleted. The data proba blyr shoul
8. Given your answer to Problem T, 1what new ﬁles should you create to help eliminate the
data redundancies found in the ﬁle shown in Figure P15?
There should be a separate table for each of the 3 projects and a l—to—manilr relationship from the
3. it you wanted to produce a listing of the ﬁie contents by last name, area code, city, state, or
zip code, how lwould you alter the ﬁle structure?
In order to produce a listing by first and last name separately one must break the field into 2
5. Looking at the EMP_NAME and EMP_PHDNE contents in Figure P15. what chenge[s}
would you recommend?
Haylng two separate tables would be efﬁcient for this type of data. Doe could be for employee info
and one could be for the project. The EMP_NUM could he
4. 1ulti'hat data redundancies do you detect? How coutd those redundancies lead to anomalies?
The same name, phone and address are mentioned more than once creates a redundancyr within
the table and aiso when mentioned in more than one table. Redundancies
5. trientityl.r and ﬂit-reuse the serieus data retiuntianegl.r probtems exhibited by the ﬁle structure shown
in Figure P15.
There are a lot at redundancies in this We such as the Same PRDJ_NUM'5. There need5 to be a 2nd
table with a many-te-mamr reiatien5
2. What problem would you encounter if you wanted to produce a listing by city? How would
you sohre this problem by altering the ﬁle structure?
The city is referenced within the complete address which makes it difficult to produce a listing
when there are
10. Given the file structure shown in Figure
P19, what problem(s) might you encounter if
building KOM were deleted?
'1 If KOM was deleted, data about
' Williston, Hawkins. Cordoza and KOM
rooms 204E, 123, and 34 would be
. deleted. The data probably shoul