Background: How Prepared Are You?
1. Including your native language, which languages do you speak fluently? Polish
2. How many years have you studied outside of your country of origin? (0 years)
3. How many months have you traveled, lived, or worked outsi
HRER 329 - Topic 4 (CULTURE)
Why do we study culture?
1. cultural values- are deeply anchored and enduring
2. cultural values- vary systematically between societies
3. cultural values- condition organizational practices
What is Culture, Anyway?
a way of
Spring13 HRIR329 Global HR and OB
Review for Midterm Exam #2
Know this material from readings, lectures and class discussions
Topics: know definitions, examples, etc. Be able to identify these themes or dimensions
from mini-cases and incidents.
HRER 329 Global HR & Organizational Behavior Study Guide (Exam 1)
The national or country categories involved in international HRM activities:
- the host-country where a subsidiary may be located
- the home-country where the firm is headquartered
Drivers shaping interplay between global standardization and the localization
Standardization drivers are MNEs strategy and structure, maturity and age, and corporate
culture (larger MNE with a long international history and extensive cross-border operati
The case of Ellen Moore Living and Working in Bahrain examines the challenges facing
woman expatriates in the Middle East. Ellen is a highly educated and successful woman that has
earned every promotion in her company through hard work, perseverance, and