1) There are _ paired and _ unpaired electrons in the Lewis symbol for a phosphorus atom.
phosphorus has 5 valence electrons, which are written singly before pairing
2) Based on the octet rule, phosphorus most lik
part 1 of chapter 9
Dr. Priya Pathak
Electrons repel electrons
Valence shell electron pairs repel electrons the
Electron Electron -
VSEPR model is based
on the assumption that
regions of high electron
About Us | Blog | FAQs & Help
Log In | Not a member? Join for Free |
Lost and Found Sign
Log In or Join
to Download Now!
PreK, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3
Name: _ Class: _ Date: _
AP Chapter 9 Study Questions
Indicate whether the statement is true or false.
1. Possible shapes of AB3 molecules are linear,
trigonal planar, and T-shaped.
5. XeF4 is a polar molecule.
6. Hybridization is the pro
Molecular Geometry and Bonding Theories
1. For a molecule with the formula AB2 the molecular shape is _.
(a). linear or trigonal planar
(b).linear or bent
(c). linear or T-shaped
Explanation: When answering questio