Lab Report #7
A. Background information: In Laboratory #7 we did a lab report on cellular respiration.
Cellular respiration is an ATP generating process that involves the complete breakdown
most often of glucose to carbon
Lab Report #4
The experiment was about how leaves different pigments will or will not absorb the solution we
used and display different colors. We used paper chromatography to separate the pigments
located in leaves. Chromatograp
Lab Report #2
This experiment was about distinguishing between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells by
description and examples also diffusion and osmosis. Diffusion- Is the movement of molecules
from a higher to lower concentrations.
1. State four major points of the Scientific Method? (4 pts.)
2. T or F Plant cells are more complex than animal cells?
3. T or F Prokaryotic cells are simple non-complex cells, with no defined nucleus?
1. Your lab partner hands you a P200
Pipetman set as shown in the diagram
at right. What volume is it set for? Is
this the proper Pipetman for this
volume? Why (or why not)?
The volume is set for 11.4 microliters. The
Dr. Robb VanPutte
Pre-Lab Purifying GFP Using Chromatography
1. Molecules that are expected to be released when the bacterial cells are lysed
would include lipids, nucleic acids, and proteins.
2. Column chromatography in
Enzyme Kinetics measuring enzyme performance
The study of an enzymes kinetics
o How fast it operates
o How it handles its substrates
o How its activity is controlled
These three are an enzymes kinetics parameters
o Makes it possible to predict how an ind