SOME PROBLEMS OF SYNTAX
1. Paraphrase these sentences using the following negative restrictive adverbs:
- no sooner than; hardly (scarcely) when; only after - ; not only but
also; only when - ; never; seldon; in vain.
Models: No sooner, had w
TEMATICA LUCRRILOR DE LICEN
PENTRU SPECIALIZAREA ADMINISTRAREA AFACERILOR
CU PREDARE N LIMBA ENGLEZ
- SESIUNEA 2005 -
Coordonator: Prof. univ. dr. Mihaela DUMITRANA
Study of the Romanian Accounting System Evolution.
Analysis of t
1. Combine two sentences into one, using the Accusative with the Infinitive:
Model: I saw him. 2. He left the room.
I saw him leave the room.
1. a) I hear him.
b) He speaks in the next room.
2. a) I watched them.
b) They played footba
1. Translate into Romanian pointing out the gerunds in each sentence and show their
a) Avoid making mistakes in your composition. 2. He admitted having done wrong. 3.
She delayed answering my complaint. 4. He denied knowing anything a
THE SUBJUNCTIVE MOOD
1. Change the verbs in the subordinate clause into the Subjunctive Mood, by using the
verbTO WISH in the main clause, according to the models: (Make all the necessary
a) I dont think he is in town at present.
1. Fill in the blanks with the missing conjunctions: but, so, as, and, where, since, not only
but, as if, as:
1. You are not energetic you used to be. 2. The flowers were picked
arranged by Helen. 3. My grandfather was taken to the hospi
1. Choose the correct form from those given in brackets:
- (near, nearly)
1. They resemble each other.
2. The book is at hand.
3. She fainted.
- (hard, hardly)
1. I could understand what he was saying.
2. He tried and finally found the right so
1. Fill in the blanks with articles wherever necessary
a) 1. During their holidays they went on cruise on Black Sea and
Mediterranean. 2. They made calls at ports, in Turkey, Greece, and Italy. 3.
Then they made trip to Moldavia and Transylva
ECONOMIC ENGLISH FOR UPPER INTERMEDIATE
Verbs are words that allow us to talk about such things as activities, processes,
states of being, and states of mind. They divide into two major groups, according to
the way they are used in a clau