264.Much of Google's success is based on the ten guidelines of its corporate philosophy.
Guideline 2 states, "It's best to do
really, really well."
C. whatever you
D. what you are afraid
265.Much of Google's
277.Define reach, rating, frequency, gross rating points (GRPs), and cost per thousand (CPM).
278.List two advantages and two disadvantages of using television, radio, magazines, and
newspapers for advertising.
279.List two advantages and two disadvantage
199.OceanSpray.com has a Web site that describes the company's products. The Web site also includes
nutritional information and recipes featuring Ocean Spray products. Since Ocean Spray products are
available at nearly all supermarkets, there was no need
193.A visitor to proflowers.com can select and buy beautiful cut flower arrangements to be sent anywhere in
the U.S. This is an example of a _ Web site.
E. direct sales
194.Wolfermans.com is a Web
187.Office Depot has leveraged its store, Web site, and catalog channels with impressive results. The
promotion of all three information and delivery channels indicates that Office Depot would like
its customers to think of all of its channels as Office D
162.Which of the following statements about cost and its impact on online shopping is most accurate?
A.Fixed pricing is commonly used online because there is no need to respond quickly to changes in
supply and demand conditions.
B. The margin for online g
181.Sales arising from cross-channel shoppers dwarf exclusive online retail sales. Retail sales revenue from
cross-channel shoppers in 2012 is estimated to be _ about five times greater than online
A. $100 million
B. $500 million
C. $50 bill
175.According to the Federal Trade Commission, _ percent of fraud complaints are Internet
related, costing consumers $265 million.
176.Which of the following statements regarding when and where online consumers shop and buy i
168.Cookies refer to
A. computer files that a marketer can download onto the computer of an online shopper who visits the
marketer's Web site.
B. embedded programs that flash split-second subliminal messages at regular intervals.
C. benign threads that di
218.Define and explain the importance of the eight-second rule.
219.Harley-Davidson is well known for the HOG or Harley Owners Group that it has developed.
The Harley-Davidson Web site encourages owners to visit its Web site to find out about
258.A news conference is a(n)
A. announcement regarding changes in a company or
product line. B. free space or time in a newspaper or on
a broadcast medium.
C. publicity tool that utilizes high-visibility individuals in
lobbying activities. D. meeting of
271.Much of Google's success is based on the ten guidelines of its corporate philosophy.
Guideline 10 states, "
just isn't good enough."
B. Satisfying customers
C. Making money
D. Beating Microsoft
272.Why does DreamWorks consider Monst
43. The box labeled "A" in Figure 21-2 above refers to which of the following Web site design
44. The box labeled "B" in Figure 21-2 above refers to which of the followi
206.Since promotions are an important expectation in pizza purchasing, Pizza Hut's
Web site design elements balance the ability to shop for a deal with quick and
easy ordering access for people who arrive at PizzaHut.com ready to purchase.
49. The box labeled "G" in Figure 21-2 above refers to which of the following Web site design
50. From an interactive marketing perspective,
is defined as the sum total of the
249. (p. 530) Objections are excuses for not making a purchase commitment or decision. They may be valid and based on the
characteristics of the product, or they may be invalid, which reflects prospect skepticism or indifference to the product. The six
283. (p. 503-504) Advertising programs can range from completely external to completely internal. (1) The full-service agency
provides the most complete range of services, including market research, media selection, copy development, artwork, and
Seven Cycles' motto, "One bike: Yours" reflects the company's
A. reputation for customized detailing of the finest motorcycles in
competitive racing. B. commitment to incorporating individual customer
input for every single bike.
265. (p. 515-517) C
266. (p. 515-517) D
267. (p. 515-517) B
268. (p. 515-517) C
269. (p. 515-517) B
270. (p. 515-517) D
271. (p. 515-517) E
272. (p. 485) DreamWorks' first 3-D movie, Monsters vs. Aliens, was a huge step for the company. "This is really a
283.Differentiate among full-service advertising agencies, limited-service advertising agencies,
and in-house agencies as to services provided and composition.
284.What is the difference between a coupon and a deal?
285.What is the difference between a co
156.Visitors to the Universal Studios theme park can borrow one of three user-controlled webcams to take
pictures of the park and themselves enjoying the park. Then the webcam users can e-mail the pictures
to their friends. The average webcam user sends f
149.Word-of-mouth behavior in marketspace is referred to as _.
C. instant messaging
E. viral marketing
150.In marketspace, buzz refers to _.
A. instant messaging
B. twittering or tweeting
C. word-of-mouth behavior in marketsp
70. A visitor to WWE.com will notice that all of the information contained on the Web site is Web sitegenerated. There are no links to other Web sites. The Web site provides frequently updated information
on WWE wrestlers, matches, and licensed merchandis
63. The text, pictures, sound, and videos that are found on a Web site are referred to as _.
64. The ability of a Web site to modify itself to, or be modified by, each individual user is r
56. Marketers produce a customer experience through seven Web site design elements: (1) context;
(2) _; (3) community; (4) customization; (5) communication; (6) connection; and (7)
29. Collaborative filtering refers to
A a process that automatically groups people with similar buying intentions, preferences, and behaviors
. and predicts future purchases.
Bthe two-way buyer-seller electronic communication in a computer-mediated enviro
39. Companies that successfully employ permission marketing adhere to three rules: (1) opt-in customers
only receive information that is relevant or meaningful to them; (2) _; and (3) their customers
are assured that their name or buyer profile data will
34. Monster.com is a leading online, job-hunting Web site. A person hunting for a new job does not have to
look at every listing on the Web site. He or she can type in a job description and Monster.com will find
all the matching jobs plus continue the sea
14. Marks & Spencer is a well-known British department store located in the U.K. Customers from Chicago
or Dallas can shop for clothing as easily as a person living in London. This shows how electronic
commerce contributes to customer value through the cr
19. Individuality and interactivity are important capabilities that marketers derive from Internet technology.
Both capabilities are important building blocks for buyer-seller relationships. For these relationships to
develop, companies must treat custome