While other companies all over the nation are trying to build and maintain their reputations by
putting their customers trust as well as benefits on top of the firms priorities, Volkswagen chose
the opposite direction. According to an article
64. Which one of the following is n_0t one of the ways a company can strive to gain competitive advantage (or
offset domestic disadvantages) by expanding into foreign markets?
A By competing in both developed and emerging country markets and/or by selling
The advantages of manufacturing goods in a particular country and exporting them to foreign markets
A. are largely unaffected by uctuating exchange rates.
B are greatest when local distributors and dealers in that country can be convinced not
A U.S. manufacturer that exports goods made at its U.S. plants for shipment to foreign markets
A is competitively disadvantaged when the U.S. dollar declines in value against the currencies of the
countries to which it is exporting.
A think-local, act local" multidomestic strategy entails
A. a narrow product line aimed at serving buyers in the same segments of country markets worldwide.
B. giving local managers considerable strategymaking latitude and often producing diff
32. Which of the following are generic strategy options for competing in foreign markets?
A. Maintaining a national (onecountry) production base and exporting goods to foreign markets
B. Global strategies keyed either to lowcost or differentiation
The reasons why a company opts to expand outside its home market include
A. gaining access to new customers for the company's products/services.
B. spreading its business risk across a wider market base.
C. achieving lower costs and enhancing
In which of the following circumstances is it 110! advantageous for a multinational competitor to
concentrate its activities in a limited number of locations in order to build competitive advantage?
A.When the costs of performing certain value
86. Briey identify the special features of competing in foreign markets.
87. Explain how exchange rate uctuations pose a risk to manufacturing companies who rely upon an export
strategy to compete in foreign markets.
88. Explain why a company desirous of
97. A global strategy embraces the theme "think global, act global whereas a multidomestic strategy relies
more on a "think global, act loca " mentality. True or false? Explain.
98. Explain the differences between a "think global, act global" strategy and
74. Companies that compete on an international basis have a competitive advantage over their purely
A.to achieve a larger domestic interest by developing sufficient resource strengths and competitive
capabilities for success.
B. to benet f
Which of the following is the most unlikely element of a localized multidomestic strategy?
A. Granting country managers fairly wide strategymaking lattitude
B. Plants scattered across many host countries, each producing product versions for lo
Among economic, legal, and political differences between countries all over the world, culture
has a significant impact on global businesspeople (Exploring business, 2014, Ch.3, p. 26).
Based on website Live Science, culture is knowledge and
Universalism is defined as the concepts of philosophical, religious and theological with
the universal applicability or application. In terms of religion, Universalism is described as a
Companies operating in a cross-country marketplace have to respond to
A.whether to customize their offerings in each different country market to match the tastes and
preferences of local buyers.
B. whether to pursue a strategy of offering a mo
Competing in the markets of foreign countries generally does Lot involve which of the following?
A. Countrytocountry differences in consumer buying habits and buyer tastes and preferences
B. Countrytocountry variations in host government restrictions and
Which of the following is the role of local managers to experienced multinational companies?
A. To contribute needed understanding of local market conditions, local buying habits, local ways of
B. To run the local operations fo
80. One of the most viable strategic options companies should consider in tailoring their strategy to fit
circumstances of emerging country markets include
A. Try to change the local market to better match the way the company does business elsewhere
38. The advantages of using a franchising strategy to pursue opportunities in foreign markets include
Ahaving franchisees bear most of the costs and risks of establishing foreign locations and requiring the
. franchiser to expend only the resources to rec
92. Identify four things a company needs to consider or do if it is to make the most of strategic alliances with
93. Briey discuss why a domestic company desirous of entering foreign markets might see attractive
advantages in forming str
60. The essential difference between a think global, act global and a "think global, act local approach to
strategymaking is that
Aa "think global, act global" approach entails extensive strategy coordination across countries and
. a "think global, ac
27. Which of the following statements regarding multidomestic and global competition is false?
AIn global competition, rivals vie for worldwide market leadership and the leading competitors compete
. headtohead in the markets of many different countri
Esteem MW '
AACSB: Analytic 126
AACSB: Reective Thinking 3
Blooms: Evaluate: l
Blooms: Remember 10
Blooms: Understand l 18
Difculty: Easy 41
Difficulty: Hard 12
Difficulty: Medium 76
Learning Objective: 08-01 Understand when and hovv business d
EXERCISE: FINANCIAL ANALYSIS & PLANNING
Given below are the balance sheets of Puncak Janing Sdn. Bhd. as at the end of
2012 and 2013 together with its income statement for the year ended 31 st
December 2013. Use this information to answer the questions be
PAYBACK, NET PRESENT VALUE, INTERNAL RATE OF RETURN, EFFECTS OF
DIFFERENCES IN SALES ON PROJECT VIABILITY
1. Prepare a variable-costing income statement for the proposed plant. Compute the ratio of net
income to sales. Is Karl correct that the r
Conversion cycle subsystem
Three ITs used in production automation
- Production system
- Cost accounting system
use special CNC machines that are useful in performing hazardous,
difficult, and monotonous tasks weldi
UNIVERSITI UTARA MALAYSIA
SCHOOL OF ACCOUNTANCY
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
COURSE CODE : BKAR2023
: FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING AND REPORTING 2
PRE-REQUISITE : FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING AND REPORTING 1
This is the second level course for financial accoun