Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Thinking Critically with Psychological Science
- What part of our personality comes from natural biology, and what is learned from our
- In what ways are humans all the same, and in what ways they are different?
Psychology 100; Section 4
Exploring Psychology: Chapter 1
- Behaviorism: The view that psychology (1) should be an objective science that (2)
studies behavior without reference to mental processes. Most research psychologists
today agree with (1) not (2).
SIX total for the term
Use the SONA system (follow the link in your email)
If you lost your login, contact [email protected] RIGHT AWAY
If you have chosen to do a written assignment, you MUST
Discussion Questions (Week 1)
Back in the 1950s, Erik Erikson argued that many adolescents and young adults
experience a tumultuous identity crisis. Do you think this is true today? What might an
Week 5 Research Questions
1. Do childrens natures differ, or do differences among children only reflect differences in their
Childrens natures differ in many ways; however, their experiences make them dif
Discussion Questions Week 4
1. How have the studies of split-brain patients been informative?
These studies have been very informational because it shows how the two
different hemispheres in the cerebral cortex w
19 October 2016
Week 6 Discussion Questions
1. Can people change their personality traits, and if so how?
People can change their personality traits on the Big Five Scale because
certain life events can influence people to wa
November 7, 2016
Week 9 discussion questions
1. How does society contribute to attractiveness standards?
There are many ways that society contributes to attractiveness standards,
especially through the social media. Peo
Attraction and Beauty
Attractiveness Halo effect-The tendency to associate attractiveness with a variety of
traits such as being more sociable, intelligent, competent, and healthy.
This concept is seen even from parents and teachers who view more attract
Primary reason for data collection is because the client's health status can change quickly.
The best time to collect data I - both during the collection and at the end of the collection/
sitting at eye level with the client/ Being able to prio