Ch. 2 Questions 1 3, 5 10, 12
The difference between elasticity and plasticity is the ability of the material to
stay deformed. Plasticity is the ability to permanently deform without breaking.
While, elasticity is the abil
1. Hypoeutectoid plain carbon steel should be heated anywhere between 1333F to 1670F for
4. Eutectic points to the lowest melting point and eutectoid indicates the temperature at which
one solid p
1. Titanium and zirconium are both space age metals, which are nonferrous metals.
2. Bauxite contains on average bout 40-60% aluminum and thats why its mined since you would
need to mine less of it to get an amount of aluminum when compared to
Ch 14: 2-9
Electrochemical machining, ECM, can be used for deburring applications. ECM does not
generate burrs, which makes it a good candidate for deburring.
Wire EDM uses a slender wire as an electrode, which is useful to cutting detailed internal
Ch 12: 2-5, 7, 9
The process of machining metal is the removal of unwanted material from a workpiece to
produce a desired shape, surface finish, and dimension which applies to a variety of
When machining a material with a cutting tool, yo
Ch 11: 2, 4, 5, 7 11
2. The three most important methods of producing metal powders are atomization, chemical
reduction method, and electrolytic processes.
4. A bushing or sleeve having a 1in. diameter and 4in. length would have a large aspect