PHYS 180 Study guide 1 (1/21/2016)
1. What is the science of sound generally called? Especially it deals with generation,
transmission and reception of sound.
2. What is the most important three components that makes oscillation in physics?
PHYS 180 Study Guide 2 Revised (2/18/2016)
What is the transversewave?
A traveling wave or pulse that causes the elements of the disturbed
medium to move perpendicular to the direction of propagation
What is the longitudinalwave?
A traveling wave or pul
24 November 2015
Study Guide 5
1. Propagation of oscillating air such as sound is longitudinal.
2. They are inversely proportional to each other.
3. Changes in the tension of the string will cause changes in speed thus
Spring Studyguide 3
What is the definition of the equilibrium of an oscillating system? When a state of equilibrium exists,
the vector sum ofthe forces on an object i
tcfw_txr mrnrl rtll
study Guide 2 (Utst2017)
1. What is the transverse
\Wu is tbe tnngitudinal wave?
J. Is the sound the transverse
wave or tbe longitudinatwave?
4. What does the sneed of proprg"ri;