Questions & Answers
What are the witches planning at the beginning of the act?
They are planning on meeting with Macbeth.
What does the Captain report about the battle to Duncan? He
reports that Macbeth has fought bravely and has defeated th
Poetry Recitation Template
by Jeannette C. Armstrong
Out of the belly of Christophers ship
A mob bursts
Running in all directions
Pulling furs off animals
Shooting each other
Left and right
Father mean well
Louisa, Please Come Home
By Shirley Jackson
I listened to my mothers voice over the radio. Louisa, she
said, please come home. Its been three years since we saw you. We
all miss you. We want you back again. Louisa, please come home.
Once a year I heard th
Of Mice and Men
1. Reread the first paragraph of the novel. How does the passage
function? What purpose does Steinbeck fulfill by beginning the novel in
The novel begins with a rich description of the setting. Steinbeck u
ENG IV Macbeth Act IV Questions
What is Macbeths attitude toward the Witches in the beginning of this act? How is it different from his
attitude toward them in Act I?
The Witches conjure up three apparitions. What ar
ACT I Comprehension Questions
Act I, scene i
1. How does the play Macbeth open up in the first scene? What
tone/mood/atmosphere is created?
2. The last line Fair is foul and, foul is fair appears paradoxical. What
do you think the witches mean?
Lord of the Flies: Notes and Analysis on Chapter 9 A View to a Death
p. 145: Over the island the build-up of clouds continued.
Plot: A thunderstorm looms overhead, and the tension builds in the very first paragraph
of this chapter.
Analysis: The approachi
Name: _ Date: _ Period: _
1984 Study Guide
1. Language/Logic, Setting: What does the opening sentence suggest about the book?
2. What is telescreen? What is its purpose?
3. Irony, Language/Logic, Character: The name Winston means from a friendly
Act II Answer Key
1. Where does Polonius send Reynaldo? Why?
Polonius sends Reynaldo to Paris to spy on Laertes and to
take him money and messages.
2. Why does Polonius think Hamlet is "mad"?
He thinks Ophelia's rejections have been too much for
MACBETH Act IV Study Questions
As support for your answers use quotations from the text (not all questions require quotations,
but most do).
Act IV, Scene I
1. What is the couplet repeated by the witches in their chant? How does this affect the mood of th