Chapter 7 DQ
1. How does organizational structure affect the day-to-day operations and the work
environment at ATA Engineering?
Thanks to the ATA Engineering organizational structure and its transparent culture,
large and small decisions alike are made th
Chapter 12 DQ
1. Why is Twitter appealing to companies?
Because they find it as an effective communications tool for attracting consumers.
2. How could Twitter be used as a tool to strengthen customer relationships and to gather
Chapter 9 DQ
1. What happened to Sony to make it lose its competitive edge?
New companies with competitive products like Apple with its portable music players or
Microsoft and Nintendo with its gaming consoles have appeared.
2. How does the company motiva
Chapter 14 DQ
1. How would you describe the mark-to-market account method?
The mark-to-market account method means valuing assets at current values
2. How did mark-to-market accounting methods so greatly affect the value of companies
during the financial
Chapter 5 Discussion Questions
1. What is the appeal of participating in a direct-selling organization like MXI or
This type of business allows to those who persist to stick with it, independence,
lower costs, flexibility, and the focus on niche con
Growth in international trade, foreign direct investment, wide spread of
offshore outsourcing globalization
Falling transportation costs and communication costs
Falling trade barriers (GATT/WTO now including 160 countries)
Large general reduc