Database Administration I
Storage Structure and Relationships
Describe the logical structure of the database
List the segment types and their uses
List the keywords that control block space usage
Obtain information about storage structures from the data
Project Time Management
Information Technology Project Management,
Understand the importance of project schedules and good
project time management.
Define activities as the basis for developing project schedul
1. What are some of the agile models discussed in class? Do all these models incorporate all 12
agility principles? What should a software development group do?
2. What are the 4 formal events of a scrum methodology? What is the purpose
1/24/2015 Planning poker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Planning poker, also called Scrum poker, is a consensus-based technique for estimating, mostly used to
estimate effort or relative size of dev
1l13/2015 Best practices for software development projects
developerWorks Technical topics WebSphere Technical library
Best practices for software development projects
This article provides a list of best practices for improving the success of your softwa
Week 1 Review Questions
1. How do you respond to people who say
Software project management? Why? Good software engineers manage themselves
Please elaborate using lectures, readings or online research
2. What are the triple constraints of project manageme
Dependency: A Necessary Concept in Project Management
David A. Zimmer, PMP
Chief Project Professor
American Eagle Group
Let's face it, we are dependent. We are dependent on the air we breathe, the food we eat and the water we drink. Without
Advanced Database Administration I
: CS 540
Professor Name : Dr. Kenny Teng
: [email protected]
1. My email Address is [email protected], no matter which
email account that I reply to you, please always send emai
1. What does SDLC stand for? What are the different phases in SDLC?
2. What is CMM? What are the 5 levels?
3. What are functional requirements and non-functional requirements for software? Name one of
4. Why would a company need to
Differences Between Scrum and Extreme Programming
April 6, 2007
by Mike Cohn
Scrum and Extreme Programming (XP) are definitely very aligned. In fact, if you walked
in on a team doing one of these processes you might have hard time quickly deciding
1. Take a screenshot for every single step of your installation.
a) Install VMWare Workstation 12 Player and VM tools (20 Points)
b) Install CentOS 7 (20 Points)
c) Install Oracle 11G R2 DBMS on your CentOS 7.0 Linux (60 Points)
a) VMWare Workstation 12 P
1. Create a Java program which has the following layout
The sequence of operation is
1. The user enters two number on the top JPanel which has two textfields.
2. The user selects one of the 4 operators, "+", "-", "*", and "/" from the middle
1) Briefly describe what is table partition in types of segments?
Scalability and availability are major concerns when there is a table in a database with
high concurrent usage.
In such cases, data within a table may be stored in several
1) Briefly describe what data integrity means is and how they can be
Data integrity means that data in a database adheres to business rules. There are three primary
ways in which data integrity can be maintained:
1) Briefly describe what is ROWID and UROWID data type?
ROWID and UROWID Data Type
ROWID is a data type that can be queried along with other columns in a table.
It has the following characteristics:
ROWID is a unique identifier for each row in the datab
1) Briefly describe what is a Schema?
A schema is a named collection of objects such as tables, views, clusters, procedures,
and packages associated with a particular user.
When a database user is created, a corresponding schema with the same name is
1) Briefly describe what are database administrator tasks?
Plan and create databases
Manage database availability
Manage physical and logical structures
Manage storage based on design
Backup and recovery
1) Briefly describe Oracle Net is use for and type can be?
Oracle Net is used to establish connections between applications on a network
depending on the following
The network configuration
The location of the nodes
The network protoc
Course ID: CS 540_ (A)
Homework #: HW 1
Install VMware 6 plus?
Install Linux operation system on your VMware?
03) Study Oracle database 11GR2 installation guide and install oracle DBMS on your Linux
04) Study Oracle database 11GR
1) Briefly describe what is a role?
Database provides for easy and controlled privilege management through roles.
Roles are named groups of related privileges that are granted to users or other roles.
They are designed to ease the administration of privil
1) Briefly describe what are Oracle initialization parameter files?
Entries are specific to the instance being accessed
There are two kinds of parameters:
Explicit: Having an entry in the file
Implicit: No entry within the file, but assuming the Oracle de
1) Briefly describe what is redo log files?
Redo Log Files record all changes made to data and provide a recovery mechanism from a
system or media failure.
Redo log files are organized into groups.
An Oracle database requires at least two groups.
The Practise of Slavery
Selected Virginia Records relating to Slavery
July 9, 1640-Punishment for Runaway Servants
[On July 9, 1640, members of the General Court decided the punishment for three servants-a
Dutchman, a Scotsman, and an Af
public class fire cfw_
fire() throws FileNotFoundException cfw_
/ Open input file
Scanner in = new Scanner(new File("fire.in");
/ Loop over the cases
int tests = in.nextI
public class batlantis cfw_
public static void main(String args) throws IOException cfw_
/ Open input file
Scanner in = new Scanner(new File("batlantis.in");
/ Loop over the case
void main() cfw_
int times, t;
/ Open the input file
FILE* fin = fopen("sponge.in", "r");
/ Read in the number of sponges to process and iterate over them
fscanf(fin, "0", ×);
for(t = 1; t <= times; t+) cfw_
int n, s, j;
/ Read in
using namespace std;
* UCF HSPT 2013-2014
* Progress Bar - C+ Solution
* Author: Andrew Harn
int main() cfw_
/ Open the input file
/ Read the number of test cases
public class sponge cfw_
public static void main(String args) throws FileNotFoundException cfw_
/ Think of each sponge as 27 smaller sponges. When we make the fractal
public class dinner cfw_
public static void main(String args) throws Exception cfw_
/ We're going to precompute the answers beforehand
long ways = new long;
/ There is one way to pay a bill of $0