Due to the bird flu H7N9 in Hong Kong, part of the amount of live chickens supply was banned and some
markets were closed too in order to cull the live chickens for safety checks. And the relatively small
amount of supply lead to the raise of the
1. Quiz Bonds (can use note from last lesson).
2. Overhead Stocks (include the note Short & Long Positions Explained as well
as Options Trading Terminology & How it Works include in notes.
3. Notes see the file instructio
1. Log into http:/retirement-calculator.tdcanadatrust.com/about-you.html filling
out the Retirement Calculator to see how much you will need to save (you can
also use the one provided by the Canadian government which is
1. A good overview of the Canadian banking system is contained in the powerpoint
file Banking Industry in Canada.pptx. Take some time to review these slides.
2. Review the fractional reserve system diagram as per slide #
MONETARY POLICY ITS IMPACT
1. Review chapter 18 slides, #55 88 found in the slides folder on this drive.
2. On your own, or with a partner (no more than 2), complete activity 10, p. 282:
Do some basic research to find out what
1. Quiz Stocks (can use note from last lesson).
2. Notes see the file Instructions_Notes_Mutual Funds.doc which is located in
this folder. Submit notes.
3. Review the file Major Types of Risks_Mutual Funds.docx wh
1. QUIZ Chapter 11
2. Slides #11 27, chapter 18 from the Powerpoint Files folder. Take notes.
3. Complete the worksheet Inflation, Interest Rates, and Bond Values. Submit
4. Determine how monetary po
1. Quiz Mutual Funds (can use note from last lesson).
2. For a step-by-step approach to portfolio construction have a look at
3. Try the investor profi
BANK OF CANADA
1. Overhead notes on the functions of money. Define M1 (p. 252) and submit.
2. Complete the Check Your Understanding questions on p. 253 and submit.
Those questions are: 1) Which of the following assets serve pri
CURRENT EVENTS ASSIGNMENT
Each and every day there are articles in the news about the economy. Your job is to
collect an article, either on line or from the newspaper, about the economy. You will be
Summarize the main
Hong Kong Property Sales Fall Amid Call for Help for Young Buyers
The introduction of a seventh round of market tightening measures by the Hong Kong Monetary
Authority in March is suppressing the housing market amid calls for more housing to be built to
DEMAND AND SUPPLY
Market: A place for commerce; a network of buyers or sellers. Also, the demand for a product; a
1. Relationship between want and demand
Demand is wants supported by purchasing power
Burger King confirms deal to take over Tim Hortons
The news was about Burger King decided to merge with Tim Hortons. The
reason of this decision was because the high tax in the United States and Canada
has a lower tax. If Burger King merge with Tim Horton
Russia signs second China gas deal, but
falling prices raise doubts
Russia and China signed a framework agreement for a gas supply deal at the
weekend, but falling energy prices weighed on negotiations and may still put
paid to their plans. Moscow is keen
Li who will not be obeyed
The Shanghai Free Trade Zones frustrating first year
A free trade zone in Shanghai was promised by Li KeQiang, the Prime Minister of China, to
build a shining example of market reform in this a test of his mettle. It was a big ex
Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Facultat de Cincies Econmiques i Empresarials. Curs 2016/2017
Economic Organizations, Institutions and Markets
Problem set no.: . 1
Topic . 1. New Cognitive Perspectives
Seminar week: . January 30 to February 3, 2017