1. Make sure you have submitted the Internal Control Diagram assignment.
2. Review the chapter and notes on Recording Purchases at Net Price (pp. 261
3. Complete Problem 6A 3, p. 295.
4. Review the chapter and notes on Special
1. Submit Problem 6A 6, p. 298.
2. Review the textbook material on using subsidiary ledgers (pp. 265 267 & 277
3. A good overview of the use of sub ledgers can be found at
1. Submit Big Screen Project.
2. Review Gross vs. Net Price Methods see Overhead!
3. Review and complete Chapter 6 review no test here as a combined chapter 6 &
7 test will be done at the end of chapter 7.
1. Review material from last day (uncollectible accounts, Balance Sheet Method and
Write-offs) in notes.
2. Read the section on Income Statement Method in the notes.
3. Complete and submit 8A 2, p. 395 (a, b, & c) B/S & Write-off
Students submit exercises from last day (7-7 & 7A 3).
Complete and submit 7A 4.
Bonus try the interactive cross-word as a further review of bank recs at your
favourite web site, AccountingCoach.com
Review the bank reconciliation steps review the file in this directory
Students to hand in the exercise from last class (ex. 7A-2 & 7-6).
Complete ex. 7-7 & 7A 3
Quiz next day.
1. Students to read chapter 8 and review the Chapter 8 Notes on Uncollectables,
Balance Sheet Method & Write-offs. You can find a good overview of the two
methods in the Receivables.ppt file located in this folder.
2. Complete Exercise
1. Create and submit notes on the main ideas in the chapter (liquid assets, relative
liquidity, cash equivalent, cash and short term investments, solvency,
managements responsibility relating to cash, six steps to establishing internal
1. Review the adjustments for Problem 4A 5 (unrecorded revenue, rent, insurance,
depreciation, interest expense, earned revenue and salaries earned). Get a copy of
answers for adjustments section from teacher. Use this to check y
1. Read and review a copy of the Chapter Four Notes (worksheet section only).
2. For an introduction to worksheets see the file accounting cycle.ppt found in this
folder. Read slides No. 33 - 34 only.
3. Complete Problem 4A 4 (pp.
1. Read and review a copy of the Chapter Four Notes (adjusting entries section
2. For additional examples of adjusting entries see
3. Complete the questions and exercise
Lesson No. 6
Hand in Ex. 4A 7 (reminder from Lesson 5).
Complete Ex. 4-1 & 4B 2
Review the Chapter Guide for Chapter 4.
Review the chapter notes from Chapter 4 as well as the web/file links in the
previous lessons (No. 1, 4 & 5).
Lesson No. 4
1. Hand in Ex. 4A 2 & 4B 1.
2. Go to http:/www.netmba.com/accounting/fin/process/adjusting/ to a basic review
of adjusting entries.
3. For a discussion of the types of adjusting entries go to
Lesson No. 5
1. Hand in Ex. 4A 6 (reminder due from Lesson 4).
2. Go to http:/www.netmba.com/accounting/fin/process/reversing/ to a basic review
of reversing entries.
3. For a matching exercise on accruals and reversing entries go to
1. Read and review a copy of the Chapter Five Notes, pp. 1- 2. As this is new
material be use to take your time when reading and take additional notes from the
chapter where appropriate.
2. For a further explanation of purchases an
1. Make sure that you have completed and submitted Ex. 5A 3 worksheet and
journal entries from last lesson.
2. Students to make notes on Classified Financial Statements from pp. 228 231
and submit! For additional information on do
1. Review Q 1 5, p. 236 & Ex 5 2(a), p. 239 (work submitted from last days
2. Pop Quiz Net Income and Net Sales formulas
3. See Chapter Notes pp. 3 & 4
4. Make and hand in notes on Periodic Inventory System (p. 213), Perpe
Review and return notes use p. 217 to extract COGS formula
Take up ex. 5-2(b) and 5A 1 (only after you have submitted for grading).
Review p. 5 of notes on Income Statement form for a merchandising concern.
1. Take up Ex. 5A 4 and Ex 5 8 after you have submitted for grading (see last
2. Q: How is COGS an expense? Make a note of which column each account of
COGS falls into (see p. 220 222).
3. Review pp. 224 225 for a di
1. Complete 5B 1.
2. Distribute the Chapter 5 Test Review booklet.
3. For a good overall review of the accounting for a merchandiser see
4. Chapter 5 Test next da
LESSON NO. 1
1. Review the Chapter Two notes.
2. Read pp. 52 67
3. Review vocabulary as per reading and on web site
4. Complete questions on pp. 78 - 79 no. 7,8,9,10,11,12
5. Follow along with your teache
1. Read the Chapter One notes.
2. Complete the Chapter One Worksheet.
3. Complete the following exercises and problems:
Ex. 1-6, p. 40
Ex. 1-7, p. 40
Ex. 1-8, pp. 40-41
Problem 1A-2,pp. 41-42
Problem 1A-4,pp. 42-43
Chapter 1 Exer
Recording Changes in Financial Position
- The form of record used to record s and s in a single B/S item.
- All the individual accounts put together (usually in a loose leaf binder)
In its simplest form, an account has 3 element
LESSON NO. 2
1. Review the use of journal and ledger accounts, double entry accounting and the
beginning steps of the accounting cycle via lessons 2 4 at
2. Follow along as your teacher takes
LESSON NO. 3
1. Take up Problem 2A 5 using forms as supplied in last class (see handout).
2. Complete Problem 2A 3 (check your answer with your teacher).
3. Complete Problem 2A 6 and submit.
4. Chapter 2 Test next day (review after todays assi
Lesson No. 5
1. Complete the Quiz. Mark as a class.
2. Obtain and complete the spreadsheet exercise Blue River Reforestation. Your
teacher will mark it off your screen.
3. Bonus Complete the work described in the file Bonus Exercise IFSA.doc