1. Public Opinion- the aggregate of individuals attitudes or beliefs shared by some portion of the adult
2. Party Platform- a document drawn up at each national convention, outlining the policies, positions,
and principles of the party.
1. Consensus- General Agreement among the citizenry on an issue.
a. Importanceb. IE2. Dealignment- a decline in party loyalties that reduces long-term party commitment.
a. Importanceb. IE3. Democracy- system of government in which political authority is v
1. Separation of Powers- the principle of dividing governmental powers among different branches of
2. State- a group of people occupying a specific area and organized under one government; may be
either a nation or a subunit of a nation
1. Majority leader of the house- held by an important party member of the house of reps. the majority
leader is selected by the majority party.
2. Minority leader of the house-party leader elected by the minority party in the house.
3. Natural rights-righ
1. Emergency power-power exercised by the president during a period of national crisis.
2. Enumerate powers- powers granted to the national government by the constitution.
a. IE; the first 17 clauses of Article 1 section 8 are these powers.
of independent states, in which, the member states agree to limited restrains on their freedom of
2. Connecticut Compromise3. Consent of the People- The idea that governments and laws derive their legitimacy from the
a. IE: the executive branch can always just check to see what the judiciary branch is up too.
b. Importance: will help everyone be in check and no shady shit going on.
2. Chief Executive- The role of the president as head of the executive branch of govern
FINAL STUDY GUIDE
1. Affirmative Action- A policy in educational admissions or job hiring that gives special attention to
traditionally disadvantage groups in an effort to overcome present effects of discrimination.
a. IE: A black man and a white man go o