Night Chapter One
The main function of this chapter is to compare the hope and faith in Elie before he ended
up in the camps and after he is being tortured. It illustrates peacefulness in the Jews and Elies
family, how all of them deny to believe in Moshe
To Kill a Mockingbird: Chapters 10~11
1. Jem is now 12. Theres a widening gap of understanding between Scout and Jem. Find 2
examples which show emotional distance between them.
Jem was 12. He was difficult to live with.His appetite was appalli
Banquo can't sleep because he feels there is "husbandry in Heaven.their candles
(stars) are all out". Banquo suspects something unnatural and against God is
going to happen. He has been thinking about the witches predictions. Macbeth
blows Banquo off a
Of Mice & Men Vocabulary
1. Morosely (adverb.)
Definition: having a sullen and gloomy disposition
Sentence from text: George stared morosely at the water. (3)
Own Sentence: Bosco the dog moaned morosely as he saw his empty b
It means he's guessing that Lady Macbeth and Macbeth have been killing people,
but he's afraid to put the thoughts into words, for fear of what punishment would
come down on him.
The doctor and the gentlewoman seem to feel sympathy. In fact, the doc
To Kill a Mockingbird Chapters 4~6
1. Scout criticizes the school shes attending by saying it is an endless project that
slowly evolved into a Unit, in which miles of construction paper and wax crayon were
expended by the State of Alabama in its well-mean
Act II, Scene i
1. How does Morocco boast to Portia in his opening lines?
He talks about how he has redder blood than anyone else and has beautiful dark skin. He
also implies how many virgins he has slept with.
2. How does he boast in (1 123-33), in (1 34
To Kill a Mockingbird Chapters 1~3
1. The setting of the story is in a sleepy town called Maycomb that is located in Alabama. I
feel like the time of the setting is during the Great Depression because everyone in the
story were poor. Everyone in town knew
Of Mice & Men Chapter 6 Vocabulary
1. Scudded (verb.)
Definition: to move or go quickly
Sentence from text: The sycamore leaves turned up their silver sides, the brown, dry
leaves on the ground scudded a few feet. (49)
Merchant of Venice: Act 1, Scene iii
1. On what subject does Shylock first speak? Why
Shylock first speak of
2. Who is to go surety for the loan?
Antonio is to go surety for the loan.
3. What does Shylock mean in describing Antonio as a good man?