1. System and Security, Network and Internet, Hardware and Sound, Programs, User accounts,
Appearance and Personalization, clock, Language, and Region, Ease of Access.
2. JPG, GIF, PNG, Single File GTML.
3. Process, Me
1. Because it can detect the error/problem that your computer may have.
3. Yes, it is important, because if you dont have the proper windows 8 drivers for network and
1. Privacy, The Slippery slope, Relations.
2. Yes, because you can learn from them, and give an idea what you looking for.
3. My experience that people who disagree with me on certain subjects still share most of their
fundamental values with me.
Chapter 7 Labs
LAB 7.1 INSTALL WINDOWS XP:
1. Where did you find the Windows product key? Original installation media or if you have
lost the Windows XP product key and you can start the old installation of XP, you can use
a utility to find out
Chapter 10 Maintaining Windows Labs
Lab 10.1 Perform Hard Drive Routine Maintenance
1. Why should you run Disk Cleanup before running Disk Defragmenter? Disk cleanup removes
system files no longer needed in order to free up disk space. If you do
Application, Presentation, Session, Transport, Network, Data Link, physical.
SMTP, POP, IMAP.
HTTP- Hyper Text Transfer Protocell.
The port number lets IP know which service should be presented a data packet.
1. To see what will happen when the program is disabled.
2. Because some of the antivirus cannot be fully detect or remove.
3. Safe Mode loads the Windows desktop with a minimum configuration. In this minimized
environment, you can solve a problem
Lab review 3.1:
1) Removing unnecessary data from your hard drive allows the free space and remaining data to be
defragmented efficiently. There is not a lot of point in re-organizing temporary or tr
1. Why should you run Disk Cleanup before running Disk Defragmenter?
a. You should run disk cleanup, before disk defragmenter, to clean up any temp
2. How does defragmentation improve performance?
a. Disk defragmenter improves
1. How can you use the Local Security Policy to determine if someone might be trying
hack into a user account?
1. List three situations in which you might want to create a restore point
2. What types of restore points are created by the system, and what t
1. What key is universally used to launch Help?
2. How many Windows logo keys are usually included on an enhanced keyboard?
3. What keyboard shortcut combination can be used to copy and paste a block of text?
a. Ctrl C and
1. What is the purpose of the net share command?
a. The net share command shows all the resources shared over a network
2. When network discovery and file and printer sharing are turned off, does the
net share command still report a shared folder as share
1. What term is used to refer to the specialized tools you can add to a console with
MMC? What are they used for?
Snap ins, and they provide MMC with more functionality
2. Suppose you havent created a customized MMC yet. How would yo
1. Assume that you are in the market to buy a new smartphone. Which of the smartphones
you researched would you purchase? Why would you choose this smartphone over the other
two smartphones? I would probably purchase Zte Axon 7 or the lg
1. Why is it a good idea to temporarily disable a program before removing it
a. The program might be running in the background, so it is a good idea
to disable the program if you want to delete it
2. Why might antivirus and antispywa
What type of software is used to control a computer?
Which Windows utility program lists errors and issues that need attention?
What is the name of the interface that uses graphics as compared to a command-driven interface?
1. snap-ins, give MMC more functionality.
2. Type mmc via cmd and hit enter.
3. If on a network, add another Event Viewer snap-in, click the Another computer option button
in the select computer dialog box. Now you need to specify the name of the
To displays information about all of the resources that are shared on the local computer. No
Staring letter Z, and working backward through the alphabet.
Network drives are perfectly safe to map as drives.
ENABLE WOL IN BIOS, ENABLE
Lab review 4.6:
1) Use boot tab of msconfig. It will tell you your current windows version, your current OS
and default OS.
2) The Enable All and Disable All buttons at the bottom of the window will select
Lab review 4.1:
1) They are called snap-ins. They give MMC more functionality. MMC is used for writing
tools for administration of window networks.
2) Type mmc on run menu and hit enter.
3) If on a network
Lab review 4.2:
1) In control panel, event viewer goes under monitoring and diagnostics tools. Event Viewer
allows users to monitor events recorded in the Application, Security, and System log.
2) .evt is
Computer hardware problems can be some of most frustrating problems faced by people in the
workforce. You can increase your value to an organization applying basic problem-solving skills so
hardware problems. Complete the following steps.
1. Research prob
1. How does a computers processing capacity affect the amount of RAM you can use?
With the processor determining how fast a computer can work and RAM determining how
efficiently the computer can provide data to the processor. (Mod 1-166)
2. What are the f
What are the four ways you can work with files saved on your SkyDrive?
You can use File Explorer in Windows 8.1, Internet Explorer in any OS, the SkyDrive App on a
phone or from the Windows 8.1 Start Screen, and from virtually any web browser.
1. What do computer support specialists do?
A computer support specialist would watch over computer systems every day in a company or
organization and give minor repairs, when needed, to software, hardware or other equipment in this job.
They would follow
File Explorer Basics
To use File Explorer effectively, keep the following tips in mind:
File Explorer is designed to help you find, view, and manage files easily and effectively. Besides
displaying files and folders, you use File Explorer to examine file
1. Using online and other sources, research the sources in your city or town for discarding e-waste.
Dallas, TX PC Laptop and Electronics | Computer Recycling Service
2. In addition, research the particular
1. How to shut down PC?
There are three ways to shut down your PCyou can turn the PC off completely, you can make it sleep,
or you can hibernate the PC.
Turn off your PC completely
If you don't plan to use your PC for a while, you might want to turn it
2. What does it mean to be computer literate?
To keep up with the pace of change, you need to be computer literate, which means that you can use
todays computer hardware and software efficiently to enhance your life and the lives of thos
1. Why does a computer have different type of ports?
A computer has different types of ports to accommodate a variety of device plugs. So that the device can
communicate with the CPU and other components when it is plugged into a computer, each port must
What does the Energy Star label signify?
Products bearing the ENERGY STAR labels are more energy efficient than standard products,
thereby saving energy and money. In general, ENERGY STAR certified products including:
appliances, HVAC equipment, office e
See if an Audit Failures, if so, meaning someone is trying to logon your account.
To view when, what do try to access or the reason.
Local Security Policy.
It easy to display all events that are potentially related to
Removing unnecessary data from your hard drive.
Can further fragment the files on the disk.
Temporary internet files group.
1. Data files, simply because you can always reinstall windows system files.
2. By defa
1. I would probably purchase iPhone, the season I would choose these phone is because they great
camera and higher performance then another phone.
2. Trade ins
3. Android 4.4 KitKat, Android 5.0 lollipop.
4. The amount of feedback it gets from wel