1. Why does a computer have different type of ports?
A computer has different types of ports to accommodate a variety of device plugs. So that the device can
communicate with the CPU and other components when it is plugged into a computer, each port must
What does the Energy Star label signify?
Products bearing the ENERGY STAR labels are more energy efficient than standard products,
thereby saving energy and money. In general, ENERGY STAR certified products including:
appliances, HVAC equipment, office e
2. What does it mean to be computer literate?
To keep up with the pace of change, you need to be computer literate, which means that you can use
todays computer hardware and software efficiently to enhance your life and the lives of thos
1. How to shut down PC?
There are three ways to shut down your PCyou can turn the PC off completely, you can make it sleep,
or you can hibernate the PC.
Turn off your PC completely
If you don't plan to use your PC for a while, you might want to turn it
1. Using online and other sources, research the sources in your city or town for discarding e-waste.
Dallas, TX PC Laptop and Electronics | Computer Recycling Service
2. In addition, research the particular
File Explorer Basics
To use File Explorer effectively, keep the following tips in mind:
File Explorer is designed to help you find, view, and manage files easily and effectively. Besides
displaying files and folders, you use File Explorer to examine file
1. What do computer support specialists do?
A computer support specialist would watch over computer systems every day in a company or
organization and give minor repairs, when needed, to software, hardware or other equipment in this job.
They would follow
What are the four ways you can work with files saved on your SkyDrive?
You can use File Explorer in Windows 8.1, Internet Explorer in any OS, the SkyDrive App on a
phone or from the Windows 8.1 Start Screen, and from virtually any web browser.
1. How does a computers processing capacity affect the amount of RAM you can use?
With the processor determining how fast a computer can work and RAM determining how
efficiently the computer can provide data to the processor. (Mod 1-166)
2. What are the f
Computer hardware problems can be some of most frustrating problems faced by people in the
workforce. You can increase your value to an organization applying basic problem-solving skills so
hardware problems. Complete the following steps.
1. Research prob
Identify Computer Parts
Computer parts analyzation
MODEL AND SERIAL NUMBER
SAMSUNG DDR2 512MB #M368L6423DTL
Documentation on internet about power ratings
1) It is marked by a sticker or stenciled label.
2) Support, download and customer service.
3) Most of the time it is in PDF.
Lab review 3.1:
1) Removing unnecessary data from your hard drive allows the free space and remaining data to be
defragmented efficiently. There is not a lot of point in re-organizing temporary or tr
Lab review 4.2:
1) In control panel, event viewer goes under monitoring and diagnostics tools. Event Viewer
allows users to monitor events recorded in the Application, Security, and System log.
2) .evt is
The Title should be 14pt font and centered
1) If they don't have the same form factor, the motherboard headers will not line up right with the
case header in back and the motherboard holes that are used to screw the mothe
Lab review 4.1:
1) They are called snap-ins. They give MMC more functionality. MMC is used for writing
tools for administration of window networks.
2) Type mmc on run menu and hit enter.
3) If on a network
1. It gets information from monitor temperature and parameters for fan speed.
2. It is a great utility for enthusiasts who have built their own PC. Besides being able to
show the temperatures inside y
First look at computers parts and tools
1) Clock, time and language, ease of access.
2) The graphics component. It has the lowest score.
3) Antivirus software and windows updates.
4) Keep the codes, or any important infor
Lab review 4.6:
1) Use boot tab of msconfig. It will tell you your current windows version, your current OS
and default OS.
2) The Enable All and Disable All buttons at the bottom of the window will select
1. Privacy, The Slippery slope, Relations.
2. Yes, because you can learn from them, and give an idea what you looking for.
3. My experience that people who disagree with me on certain subjects still share most of their
fundamental values with me.
1. To see what will happen when the program is disabled.
2. Because some of the antivirus cannot be fully detect or remove.
3. Safe Mode loads the Windows desktop with a minimum configuration. In this minimized
environment, you can solve a problem
1. Because it can detect the error/problem that your computer may have.
3. Yes, it is important, because if you dont have the proper windows 8 drivers for network and
1. snap-ins, give MMC more functionality.
2. Type mmc via cmd and hit enter.
3. If on a network, add another Event Viewer snap-in, click the Another computer option button
in the select computer dialog box. Now you need to specify the name of the
To displays information about all of the resources that are shared on the local computer. No
Staring letter Z, and working backward through the alphabet.
Network drives are perfectly safe to map as drives.
ENABLE WOL IN BIOS, ENABLE
See if an Audit Failures, if so, meaning someone is trying to logon your account.
To view when, what do try to access or the reason.
Local Security Policy.
It easy to display all events that are potentially related to
Application, Presentation, Session, Transport, Network, Data Link, physical.
SMTP, POP, IMAP.
HTTP- Hyper Text Transfer Protocell.
The port number lets IP know which service should be presented a data packet.
Removing unnecessary data from your hard drive.
Can further fragment the files on the disk.
Temporary internet files group.
1. Data files, simply because you can always reinstall windows system files.
2. By defa
1. I would probably purchase iPhone, the season I would choose these phone is because they great
camera and higher performance then another phone.
2. Trade ins
3. Android 4.4 KitKat, Android 5.0 lollipop.
4. The amount of feedback it gets from wel
1. System and Security, Network and Internet, Hardware and Sound, Programs, User accounts,
Appearance and Personalization, clock, Language, and Region, Ease of Access.
2. JPG, GIF, PNG, Single File GTML.
3. Process, Me