Choosing your Trig Method
In the following triangles, indicate which method you would use to
solve for x:
a) Given a 90 Angle:
Use SIN, COS, or TAN to find a missing side
Use SIN-1 COS-1 TAN-1 to find a missing angle
b) Given an angle and the side opposit
Congruent & Similar Triangles
1. Ratio - a relationship between two quantities, usually expressed as a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .
2. Proportional - all ratios between corresponding sides are equal between two objects, and
the ratio is called the _ _ _
Similar Triangles Outdoor Activity
May 11, 2012
1. Choose 3 tall outdoor objects/surfaces to measure (i.e. the school roof, soccer field posts,
flag pole, specific tree) Fill in Column A in table below.
2. In Column B, fill in your est
Complete the table.
Turn and Talk
We have seen that in order to multiply monomials, we _ the coefficients
and _ the exponents with the same base.
If we wanted to raise a monomial to a power, we could easily write out the monomial
several times and use our multi
Scientific Notation is an alternate way to express very large numbers or very small numbers without an
inordinate amount of zeros.
The number is written in two parts:
Just the digits (with the decimal point placed after the fir
NEGATIVE AND ZERO EXPONENTS WORKSHEET
1. Write each power with a positive exponent.
a) x10 x5
How do we find out the base if a number is not expressed as a power? WE have to think of the
opposite of finding the square of a number.
Given the following integers, indicate which of the following is a perfect squar
Now we have to take a look at exercises "e" and "f" from yesterday's