1. Find the value of side x, rounded to the nearest tenth
2. Find the value of angle
and side x, rounded to the nearest tenth
rounded to the nearest degree
3. Find the value of angle
Primary Trigonometry Ratios Angles Practice
1. Evaluate each of the following to the nearest degree.
a) sin a = 0.34
b) cos b = 0.5
c) tan c = 0.466
d) sin d = 0.951
e) cos e = 0.574
f) tan f = 0.268
2. Find each of the angles shown. Round t
SAMPLING TECHNIQUES PRACTICE
1. Choose the best sampling technique for each survey. Explain your choice.
a) A bolt manufacturer wants to determine the average length of bolt being made by
b) The president of a company wants to kno
Probability deals a lot with percentages, fractions, and interpreting data. To help prepare for this unit,
complete each of the following questions and then complete the self-assessment on the back.
Express each fracti
Cosine Law Practice
1. For ABC, the cosine law for side a is: a 2 = b2 + c2 2bc cos A Without using your notes, use
this formula as a model to write the cosine law for the remaining sides in the triangle.
b2 + c2 a 2
Without using your
Sine Law Practice
1. Solve for the unknown value to the nearest tenth
s in B s in 84
s in 42 s in 68
2. Find the measure of C to the nearest degree
3. Find the measure of the indicated side to the nearest tenth.
COLLECT & ANALYZE DATA
Now that we know how to choose an unbiased sample, we now need to go out and collect the data.
Sampling techniques: Simple Random Sample Cluster Sample Stratified Random Sample
Convenience Sample Systematic Sample V