are repeated consonant sounds in close
proximity to each other.
2. The winds whistled through the trees, making them sing in
3. You are the wind beneath my wings.
4. To study, or not to study, that was the
Grade 10 English
Welcome to Grade 10 English. In this introductory assignment you will not only demonstrate your
writing skills, but you will also help the teacher to get to know you a little.
Relationships are very important to e
Son of the Mob Questions & Answers
Chapter 1, pages 1-12:
1. What is some of the advice Vince receives from Alex about his date?
2. What does Vince find in the trunk of his car? Explain in details.
3. What is the act of God that saves Vince?
Write in the third person, one, the reader, not I, we,
Avoid contractions. Dont = do not
Italicize titles of plays, books and stories.
Avoid generalizations. Rather than people abuse the
environment, use some peopl
Alliteration: Involves the repetition of the same first sound
in a group of words. Example: The sun sank slowly.
Allusion: An indirect reference to a person, story, or
situation in literature or history.
Anecdote: A brief story that retells an incident or
Hyperbole: an exaggeration, making something more than it is
-Example: Hes as strong as a tank
Understatement: Opposite of hyperbole, making something more than it is
-Example: The bullet wound is just a scratch
Simile: A comparison betwe
My Topic Is:
A Working Headline for my article will be:
My Sub-Headline could be:
From the information I gathered in my research, here are some FACTS and
OPINIONS of the people that I interviewed or