Grade 12 Advanced Functions
Unit 1- Polynomial Functions
A polynomial expression has the form:
a x +a x +a x +a x +a x +a x+a
Exponent (n) is a whole number
x is the variable
the coefficients a ,a ,a
Meadowvale Secondary School
Time: 8:30 am
Length: 1.5 hours
1. Circle your teachers name.
2. Calculators may be used but NOT shared.
3. All wor
Are you Ready for the
1. Label the sides of the triangle corresponding to the given angles.
2. Circle the equation that does not represent the cosine law.
a) a 2 b 2 c 2 2bc cos B
b) c 2 a 2 b 2 2ab cos C
Page 1 of 4
MPM 2D0 Mid Term Summative Assessment
Meadowvale Secondary School
Mid Term Summative Evaluation
Grade 10 Academic Math, MPM 2D0
A partial model was
aspects of given
TIPS TEST #1 LINEAR SYSTEMS
1. The following three lines all intersect at one point. Find the coordinates of the point of
intersection and find the value of k . Work with fractions if necessary. 
ky 2 x 10
15 3 y 9 x
C LEVEL :
UNIT TEST #2 ANALYTIC GEOMETRY
READ EACH QUESTION CAREFULLY AND SHOW ALL YOUR WORK IN PROPER MATHEMATICAL FORM FOR
1. Fill in the blanks. 
a. The _ of a triangle joins the vertex of the triangle to the opposite
/ 16 TIPS
Analytic Geometry TIPS Assessment
You are hired to help with renovations to the Toronto Pearson International Airport. The three
airport terminals are represented by the points X (2,1), Y (4,-1) and Z (-2,-5), where one unit
on the grap
Quick Response Questions
Given the points A (-4, -2) and B (3, 7)
a) Find the slope of the line segment
joining the points.
b) Find the length of the line segment.
Graph the following parabolas on the grids provided.
(Show the vertex and four other
Y = 3x2
y = 2(x 4)2
Complete the following chart.
Opening and V.S.
x 17 2 4.5
LINEAR SYSTEMS TEST
Full solutions, in proper form are required, using the concepts taught
1. Choose the equation from Column 1 that will complete the linear
with the equation from the top
Test 1 Review
Solve the following systems of equations by graphing:
x 2y 1
2x y 3
Solve the following systems of equations by graphing AND 1 other way:
Part 1: LINEAR SYSTEMS
1. Solve the linear system by any method:
4x 2y = 6 and 10x -3y = -1
2. State the number of solutions in the following system of equations:
9x 3y = 18 and 3x y = 9
3. Solve the following using substitution or eliminati
MPM 2D Unit 1
1) It took the high school hockey team 5 hours to travel to a tournament in Thunder Bay. They travelled by bus
and plane a total distance of 1320 km. If the bus averaged 40 km/h and the plane averaged 600 km/h, determine
MPM2D - Worksheet - Label Triangles & Select Trigonometric Ratios
For each of the following questions,
(a) identify angle of interest,
(b) label the sides,
(c) write the trigonometric ratio,
(d) solve for the unknown.
Congruent & Similar Triangles
1. Ratio - a relationship between two quantities, usually expressed as a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .
2. Proportional - all ratios between corresponding sides are equal between two objects, and
the ratio is called the _ _ _