BOH Exam Preparation
1. Provide reasons for management being indecisive.
They are afraid of failure, responsibility, taking risks and change.
They are lack of necessary information, confidence, motivation and goals.
They are unable to establish priorit
Total Quality Management (TQM)
Managing with an organization-wide commitment to continuous improvement.
Goals: TQM try to meet customers needs- on time, the first time, and all the time.
4 absolutes of TQM
1. Quality means conformance to standards- Wor
Environment, Organizational Culture, and Diversity
1. What will give companies in the present and future the ability to outperform their competitors
and be more successful?
Learn how to exploit knowledge. Use knowledge as soon as possible.
1. What might be some factors that give Canadian companies a competitive advantage over
other foreign companies?
Women in the workplace- different perspectives
Good Global reputation
Close to US market, a major
International Business Challenges
1. Why companies go international?
Profits (greater profit potential)
Customers (new market to sell products)
Suppliers (access to needed raw materials)
Capital (access to financial resources; investment)