Module 5 Unit 4 Assignment, Part III ( 21 pts.)
WATCH THIS VIDEO
Ecology - Rules for Living on Earth: Crash Course Biology #40
1. You can think of all living things, great white sharks, pond scum, potato plants, as what? Molecules that react
with one anot
2 points/question 26 points total
Where is the DNA?
DNA is packaged, in the nucleus of eukaryotic cells, in chromosomes. In
prokaryotic cells chromosomes of DNA are not protected within a nucleus. A
chromosome is a single piece of coiled DNA. The DNA is w
Go to this website: Cellular Respiration (Electron Transport Chain) 3:50
Answer these questions. You will find the answers in the video.
1. What is the electron transport chain? A series of protein complexes
embedded in the mitochondrial membrane
Organic Macro-Molecules and Membranes Assignment (38 marks)
For this assignment, watch an online video lecture from Massachusetts
Institute of Technology. This will give you a feel for being in a post-secondary
lecture hall. The lecture is:
You will find the answers to these questions in the course on line lesson: Module 1 _
1. Define homeostasis.
The ability of an organism to maintain a stable internal environment
2. Give an example of dynamic equilibrium.
Heating your home: temperat
Module 1, Unit 1.1 - Energy Assignment - 30 points
1. Why is energy not as tangible (concrete, certain, definite, plainly
knowledgeable) to us as matter? (2 marks)
Energy is a capability rather than a thing.
2. List four forms of energy and an example for
Module 3 Unit 1 _ Nephron LAB 28 marks
acidotic (adjective) Acidosis (noun) is an increased acidity in blood and other body tissue (an
increased H+ concentration).
anti-diuretic hormone (ADH) also know
Find the answers to these questions in your online lecture and in Watch this
video. There is one mark/point for each question, unless otherwise indicated.
1. How many cells in our body are engaged in protection against disease and
cancer? One in 10 cells.
Module 4 Unit 3 LAB
Watch this video: Krebs / Citric Acid Cycle 17:46
" gt; " >
Use the video to answer these questions. (32 points)
1. A glucose molecule has how many carbon atoms? 6
2. What happens to a glucose molecule in glycolysis? The glucose molecu
Glycolysis and Fermentation Assignment (72 pts.)
Find the answers to questions 1 28 in your ACE Biology on online lecture.
1. Is oxygen required for glycolysis? No
2. Define glycolysis. A series of endothermic and exothermic reactions that convert glucose