Appendix A Decision Making Tools Questions
The Decision Process in Operations
1. A good decision follows what 6 steps?
Fundamentals of Decision Making
2. Define Alternative
3. Define State of nature
4. What does mean in a decision tree?
5. What does o mea
Chapter 5 Chapter 6 Chapter 6S Chapter 9 (pgs. 355-373) Chapter 8 Chapter
Which of the following is a characteristic of the maturity phase of the product life
a) Competitors are well established.
b) Product designs begin to stabilize.
Setup cost is the cost to prepare a machine or process for production
MRP is not a type of inventory
Interest payments are not ordering costs
A probabilistic model is a statistical model applicable when product demand or any other
variable is not kn
CH 11s CH 12 CH 14 CH 16 (All A tests finished)
Under the factor weighting technique, factors CANNOT be scored using different scales
The Japanese earthquake and tsunami in 2011 caused manufacturers in several industries
worldwide to wait 6 months or long
Operations Management- The set of activities that creates value in the for of goods and services
by transforming inputs into outputs
Operations- A process focus
Basic Management Functions: planning, organizing, staffing, leading, controlling
Chapter 14 Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and ERP Questions
What are 4 benefits of MRP?
Better utilization of facilities and labor yields _?
Less inventory frees up _ and _?
Generally, for any product for
Chapter 12 Inventory Management Questions
1. What is the object of inventory management?
Functions and types of Inventory
2. What are the four functions of inventory?
3. What are the four main types of inventory?
4. What is raw material inventory?
Ch. 6S Statistical Process Control Questions
Statistical Process Control (SPC)
1. What is SPC?
2. What is the purpose of a control chart?
3. A process is said to be operating in statistical control when _.
4. What is the objective of a process control sys
Chapter 6 Managing Quality Questions
Quality and Strategy
1. What does TQM stand for?
2. What are the 4 activities used to achieve TQM?
3. Define Quality.
4. Some definitions of quality are _, _, _.
Implications of Quality
5. What are 3 o
Chapter 5 Design of Goods and Services Questions
Goods and Services Selection
1. _ is critical to achieving competitive advantage.
2. An effective product strategy links products decisions with what 3 things and define
3. What is the objective of th
Hamptonshire Express Case
How does overage cost and underage cost impact order quantity?
Both overage and underage cost drastically affect the potential profit and loss for a company .
Overage cost is defined as the cost of ordering one more unit