How to Think Straight about Psychology Ch 1
1. Modern psychology is not obsessed with the ideas of Sigmund Freud. His work was a
small part of the issues, data and theories.
2. The American Psychological Association has 52 divisions that they
The Peacock Paradox
1. The four characteristics of narcissistic egos are high levels of self-esteem, grandiosity,
self-focus and self-importance.
2. Narcissists would rather be admired than liked.
3. When told they arent brilliant they are en
1. Over the last 20,000 years the average volume of the human male brain decreased from
1,500cc to 1,350cc. It shrunk 150cc.
2. By theories he means hypothesis.
3. The issue of scaling is the more meat on your bones, the more brain
The Vertebrate Brain
Anthropology, Psychology and Sociology Answers 1-4
1. The vertebrates first appear in the fossil record as fish some 450 million years ago.
2. There are three major sections in the brain. The major sections are forebrain,
Sense and Sensitivity
1. The percent of the population of highly sensitive people is about 20%.
2. There are an equal number of males and females who are H.S.P.
3. People that have H.S.P are born that way.
4. About one in five HSP's are extro