1. Planning is the process of (d) setting objectives and deciding how to accomplish them
2. The benefits of planning include (a) improved focus
3. In order to help implement its strategy, a business firm would likely develop a (b) operational
1. Values are personal beliefs that help determine whether behaviour will be considered ethical or
unethical. An example of a terminal value is (b) self-respect.
2. under the (a)Utilitarian view of ethical behavior, a business owner would be c
1. The main purpose of organizing as a management function is to (b) arrange people and
resources to accomplish work
2. (a)structure is the system of tasks, reporting relationships and communication that links
together the various parts of an
1. Someone with a clear sense of the future and the actions needed to get there is considered a
2. Managerial power= (d)position and power x personal power
3. A manager who says because I am the boss, you must do what I as
You go to the instabank to get some money for the weekend, you key in $100, but the
machine gives you $1000 by mistake.
I would go back to the instabank and return back the $900 because it is coming out of my savings
and knowing that I have $1000 would ma
1. The process of management involves the functions of planning, (d) organizing, leading and
2. An effective manager achieves both high performance results and high levels of (c) satisfaction
among people doing the required work.
The Planning Process
1. Define you objectives identify desired outcomes or results. Be specific, but realistic.
2. Determine where you stand with respect to your opbjectives - compare current
accomplishments to desired results. What str
Chapter 13 terms
Authentic leadership-activates positive psychological states to achieve self-awareness and
Authority decision- is made by the leader and then communicated to the group
Autocratic style-acts in a unilateral command
Chapter 13 Review
1. What is the nature of leadership?
The nature of leadership is the process of inspiring others to work hard to accomplish
important tasks, which is one of the most popular management topics. Also the nature
of leadership consists of pl