Problem Set 04
1) Linear programming is a special case of nonlinear programming.
Main Heading: The Substitution Method
Key words: nonlinear programming
2) The slope of a curve at any point is equal to the derivative of the curves func
Problem Set 02
1) In a transportation problem, items are allocated from sources to destinations at a minimum
Main Heading: Solution of the Transportation Model
Key words: transportation problem
2) The linear programming model fo
Problem Set 08
1) A trend is a gradual, long-term, up or down movement of demand.
Page Ref: 682
Main Heading: Forecasting Components
Key words: trend, forecasting components
2) A seasonal pattern is an up-and-down repetitive movement
Problem Set 06
1) Markov analysis is a probabilistic technique.
Main Heading: The Characteristics of Markov Analysis
Key words: Markov analysis, probabilistic technique
2) Markov analysis is not a probabilistic technique.
Problem Set 05
1) Game theory addresses decision situations with two or more decision makers in competition.
Main Heading: Game Theory
Key words: game theory
2) Game theory addresses decision situations with two or less decision maker
Case Problem 1 - Constructing a Downtown Parking Lot in Draper
Annual recovery of capital cost ($) =
Annual employee salaries($) =
Total annual fixed costs =
Average parking fee per car ($) =
Variable cost per car (
Problem Set 01
1) The simplex method cannot be used to solve quadratic programming problems.
Main Heading: Converting the Model into Standard Form
Key words: simplex method
2) The simplex method is a general mathematical solution tech
Problem Set 03
1) The branch and bound method is a solution approach that partitions the feasible solution space
into smaller subsets of solutions.
Main Heading: Branch and Bound Method
Key words: branch and bound method
2) The branch