2. Based on the slope of the tangent line given by equation of this data, the
reaction order is 1 (rounded from 1.0977).
3. The slope of the graph is 1619.3
Ea = (lnA + ln t)RT
= (9.8085+ 4.204)(8.314)(294)
= 32582 J/mol
= 32.6 KJ/
1. Completed on laboratory template.
2. Five restrictions/requirements for clothing:
Lab coats must be worn at all times
Proper eye protection must be worn at all times
Loose hair and clothing must be tied back.
Do NOT wear tank tops, shorts o
1. Pgases = Patmosphere -
10339 mm H 2 O
* 101325 Pa
Pgases = 99205.17 Pa (280mm / 10339)* 101325 Pa = 96461 Pa = 96.5 KPa
2. Using linear interpolation of the data given by the table of vapour pressures, the calculated
pressure at 23.0 *C was 2.90kPa
Mass Relationships in Chemical Reactions
Balancing Chemical reactions
Calculate percent yield
Limiting and Excess reagents
Percent Composition and empirical formula
Balancing Chemical Equations
Calculations are on the next page.
1. Moles of Na2S2O3 =4.212x10^-3mol
Moles of molecular iodine = 2.106x10^-3mol
2. Moles of atomic Iodine = 4.212x10^-3mol
3. Moles of KIO3- = 6.15x10^-4mol
4. Moles of I2 consumed = 3.597x10^-3mol
5. 1: 5.8: 3.4
Or can b
Chapter 4 Review Questions
1. Predict whether a reaction will occur when aqueous lead (II) nitrate and iron (III) sulfate are mixed. Write
molecular ionic and net ionic equations for the reaction.
2. Silver nitrate and Calcium chloride react to form solid