38. For the diagram of the rectangular prism shown,
a) State the co-ordinates of :
b) Write OJ in terms of basis vectors.
c) Calculate the angle between two body diagonals
d) State the vector projection of CJ on OA .
PART B: Answer in the space provided. Show all work for full marks.
25. Evaluate (algebraically) each of the following limits, if they exist.
x3 + 2 x 2 4 x 8
x+5 5 x
26. The function: d (t ) = 8t 2 + 16 , models the dist
PART A: Answer in the space provided. Each correct answer is worth
one mark each.
1. Find the slope of the tangent to the curve y = x 2 x
at the point (3,6).
2. If the tangent line to the curve k ( x) = x 2 4 x is horizontal,
what is the x-coordinate of
Order of Operations
An expression represents a number. For example, 6 - 2 is an
expression that represents the number 4, and 35 is an
expression that represents the number 15. This section will
discuss how to find the unique number that each expression
There are three steps to finding the answer, or to evaluating the
expression, as specified by the order of operations:
31. An Austin Mini and a Nissan Maxima leave an intersection in Kingston at the same time.
The Austin Mini, driven by Jackie, travels south at 80 km/h, and the Maxima, driven by Josh,
travels east at 90 km/h. At what rate is the distance between the two c