Human Impacts on Systems
Over the last few days we have been investigating how biomes are interconnected
systems on earth. If you remember back to week one, physical geography is more
than just analyzing systems, we also look at the human component.
A System Approach to Analysing Biomes
Assignment: The study of Biomes and the flow of energy within them.
Materials: Internet for research, pictures of Biomes, power point slide to present links
Rational: In this assignment you will be addressing the link
Making Connections Textbook Assignment:
1) Read Chapter 17 in Making Connections. Check your
understanding of this topic by defining the terms in bold letters that appear
throughout the chapter. It is important to understand these terms in ord
Water Issues- Pollution
- ie. Floating garbage
- least harmful, most obvious, easiest to clean up
- ie. Bacteria and viruses
- mostly from city sewage, and farm livestock runoff
- E. coli bacteria:
Petrie Island on the Ottawa River (20
Unit 2 Test Review Sheet
Definitions of Bolded Terms
All assigned definitions of bolded terms
Map of Central Canada major bodies of water, the capital cities
What the difference between "continental" and "alpine" glaciers?
Describe how f
The First Immigrants to North America
12 000 years ago the first humans came to North
They came from Asia, across to what is now Alaska,
and down into what is now Canada and the USA.
These first immigrants were able to cross over
because there wa
Who Gets in
1. What is the quickest way to attempt to immigrate to Canada?
2. What would you have to say to the immigration officer?
3. In the late 1980's, how many people used this method?
4. When did Canada change its immigration policy?