CASE IN POINT: TOYOTA STRUGGLES WITH ORGANIZATONAL STRUCTURE
1. What changes in the organizing facet of the P-O-L-C framework might you make at
Toyota to prevent future mishaps like the massive recalls related to brake and
In term of
CASE IN POINT: XEROX MOTIVATES EMPLOYEES FOR SUCCESS
1. In terms of the P-O-L-C framework, what values do the promotion and retention of
Mulcahy and Burns suggest are important at Xerox? How might these values be
reflected in its vision and mission statem
CASE IN POINT: PRET A MANAGER PUTS PEER PRESSURE TO WORK
1. Teams are an essential part of the leading facet of the P-O-L-C framework. Looking
at the team role typology, how might you categorize the roles played by the members
of Pret in this case?
CASE IN POINT: HANNA ANDERSSON CORPORATION CHANGES FOR GOOD
1. How has Hanna Andersson applied values-based leadership in terms of the companys
choices related to P-O-L-C?
Planning: Hanna Andersson has created a successful plan to serve the customers
CASE IN POINT: HOW ANGRY BIRDS TOOK FLIGHT
1. What do you believe is the role of luck in Rovio Entertainments success?
The roles of luck in Rovio Entertainments success that I believe is Finnish cousins Mikael
and Niklas Hed spent a lot of time talking ab
CASE IN POINT: GOOGLE CREATES UNIQUE CULTURE
1. Culture is an essential element of organizing in the P-O-L-C framework. Do you
think Google has a strong culture? What would it take to make changes in that
culture for better or for worse?
Google is certain
CASE 13: LOCATION, LOCATION,
1) What are the ethical issues in this case?
Firstly, April is using company resources to fund her personal business: selling real estate.
Specifically, she uses the office space, department fax machine, photocopier t
CASE IN POINT: NUCOR ALIGNS COMPANY GOALS WITH EMPLOYEE GOALS
1. How do goals and objectives at Nucor relate to the planning facet of the P-O-L-C
Nucors goals: align company goals with employee goals and give employees real
power to make thing
CASE IN POINT: ADVICE FOR HIRING SUCCESSFUL EMPLOYEES FROM GUY
1. Describe how self-perception can positively or negatively affect a work environment.
Positive: Self-perception helps managers define their strengths and the weakness in order
CASE IN POINT: NEWELL RUBBERMAID LEVERAGES COST CONTROLS TO GROW
1. The controlling facet of the P-O-L-C framework introduces you to a variety of controls.
What do other organizations you are familiar with do with regard to control that is similar
to or d