Quiz - Chapter 3
Business in a Borderless World
1. The difference between the flow of money into and out of a country is called its
A. balance of trade.
B. imbalance of trade.
C. balance of payments.
D. trade payment balance.
Managing Human Resources
1. A Job _ is a formal, written explanation for a specific job.
2. Orientation introduces a new employee to the ethics and culture of the new company.
3. Human resources managers want to minimize l
Motivating the Workforce
Student Name: _
1. _ is the study of individual and group behaviour in organizational
2. Motivation explains why people behave as they do.
3. The Hawthorne Studies found that _was the primary motivat
Dimensions of Marketing Strategy
1. The key to developing a marketing strategy is maintaining the right marketing mix.
2. Most new product ideas are rejected during which stage because they seem inappropriate for the
Customer Driven Marketing
Student Name: _
1. Marketing is just selling and advertising.
2. Ownership utility is created through the production process.
3. The _ concept is the basic philosophy that guides all marketing
Quiz Chapter 5
Small Business and Franchising
True or False
1. Retailing & services are attractive to entrepreneurs because these fields tend to be easy to enter
and require low initial financing
2. A key element of business success is a business
Quiz - Chapter 4
1. A sole proprietorship is a popular form of business because
A. it is heavily regulated by the government.
B. it is taxed more than other forms.
C. it is hard to dissolve.
D. the proprietor do
Quiz - Chapter 2
Ethics and Social Responsibility
1. The principles and standards that determine acceptable conduct in business are
B) business ethics.
C) socially responsible behaviour.
D) business law.
Quiz - Chapter 1
Business and Economics
1. The primary goal of all businesses is to:
A) serve its customers.
B) make the best products it can.
C) provide a return to lenders.
D) earn a profit.
E) be socially responsible.
2. Which o