CHAPTER -1 (SUMMARY)
This is the first chapter of Blue Ocean Strategy. This book is written by Professor W. Chan Kim and
Renee Mauborgne in 2005 from Harvard Business School. They research for around over 20 years and
sum up a theory of Blue Ocean. The te
Sources of risk information
1. Personal form
2. Medical report
3. Agent report
4. Inspection report
5. Friends of insured
6. Medical information bureau
7. Family/ physician of insured
9. Business associates
Introduction to Branding
The word brand is derived from the Old
Norse word brandr, which means to
burn as brand were and still are the means
by which owners of livestock mark their
animals to i
Chapter 5 Reach Beyond
Blue Ocean Strategy
Maximizing the Size of the Blue
Look to non-customers; build on commonalities
and what buyers value
To reach beyond e
Brand Name Stories
Which brand name is an abbreviation for 'Castor Oil'?
Answer: Castrol. The product, originally made by the Wakefield Motor Oil company, had castrol
oil as its base.
How did the cigarette brand 555 get its name?
Answer: A myth is that th
Gather Good Examples
Ask the students to brainstorm famous advertising slogans. Youll almost certainly get Nikes
Just Do It, Adidas Impossible is Nothing, perhaps some from car companies, websites and
travel companies. Then, scramble compani
What is Brand Positioning?
Put simply, brand positioning is the process of positioning your brand in the mind of your
customers. Brand positioning is also referred to as a positioning strategy, brand strategy, or a
brand positioning statement.
Offset has traditionally been used by governments around the world when they have made major
purchases of military goods but is becoming increasingly common in other sectors. There are two
1. direct offset: here the supplier agrees
1. Ordinary, education is the part of endowment. TRUE
2. Straight system use only for 5 years. FALSE
3. Term life insurance maintains straight, renewable and convertible process. TRUE
4. Whole life insurance have 4 types. FALSE
1. There are . Types of approaches of risk prevention
2. There are . Types of techniques of risk management
3. There are . Factors which affecting risk.
4. In which of the following the fluctuation of gross profit is occurred?
1. Risk is positive or negative?
2. Warranties is a?
Ans: terms and condition
3. Who pays the premium?
Ans: The insured.
4. In treaty re-insurance the terms are
Ans: pre- determined
5. How many elements must have in general