AT&T Case Study Memo
(due in class 11/9)
1. Review AT&Ts past financial policies and financing choices. Were these
appropriate for the nature of the business?
2. In what fundamental ways will AT&Ts business change in the near future?
3. In view of AT&Ts c
Dividend Policy at Linear Technology Case Study (due 10/26)
1. As an investor yourself, would you rather a firm pays you a lot of dividends or would you
rather simply earn capital gains? In other words, would you rather your return for investing
Bethlehem Case Study Memo (due start of class 9/26)
1. Many U.S. corporations have offered defined-benefit (DB) pension plans. Who are all
the stakeholders in this U.S. corporate defined-benefit system?
2. For what type of firms and institutions does offe
INTERCO Case Study Memo (due start of class 9/12)
1. Assess Intercos financial performance. Why is Interco a target of a hostile
2. As a member of Intercos board, you are presented a historical Premiums
Paid Analysis in Exhibit 10. This
Conrail Case Study (A) Memo
(due in class 11/28)
1. Why does CSX want to buy Conrail? Why can CSX justify paying a premium
to acquire Conrail?
2. Why would the Surface Transportation Board (STB) likely approve the merger
(i.e., why might the STB not be to