Chapter 2 Multiple Choice
1. A _ is an example of a systems program.
A) command interpreter
B) web browser
C) text formatter
D) database system
If a program terminates abnormally, a dump of memory may be examined
a _ to determine the cau
Chapter 1 Multiple Choice
1. In what way is an operating system like a government?
A) It seldom functions correctly.
B) It creates an environment within which other programs can do
C) It performs most useful functions by itself.
D) It is alwa
1. _ is a thread library for Solaris that maps many user-level threads to
one kernel thread.
B) Green threads
D) Java threads
3. The _ multithreading model multiplexes map many user-level threads
to a smaller or
1. Which of the following is true of cooperative scheduling?
A) It requires a timer.
B) A process keeps the CPU until it releases the CPU either by terminating or by switching to the
C) It incurs a cost associated with access to s