Humanities 123: Final Exam Review
1. Why is Faustus sent to hell?
2. Name the things Faustus promises to do.
3. Name the things Faustus actually does
4. The Tragedy of Dr. Faustus is part morality play, part political commentary. Name one
feature of the p
Describe how The Big Sleep epitomizes film noir cinema. Choose one of the main or supporting actors -who are
they and how does Hawks through the use of filmic techniques depict him or her? (You might just want to pick one
scene with them in it to analyze)
Why are you taking Humanities 201?
I am taking this class because it is part of my requirement humanities courses develop skills we will need
in almost any work we will do.
Why do humanities courses help develop skill we will need at work?
1. COLLEGE NAME: City Colleges of Chicago: Harold Washington - Online Learning
2. TITLE & COURSE INFORMATION: Humanities 201 General Course I (Literary & Visual
Arts)/ 3 Credit hours
3. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Instructor: Nathaniela Orbach
Read and discuss James Joyce, Eveline in the Module 2: Unit 3 Discussion Forum. If you have the
ninth edition of the BEDFORD COMPANION TO LITERATURE, the text begins on page 420. Make sure to
read the supplementary material, as well.
Your initial response
Being passive aggressive can be simply put as someone who does not use verbal or
physical acts to further a conflict in order for personal gain. I believe that Bartlebys actions are
passive-aggressive but he is not acting passive-aggres
Ode to the West Wind is still relevant today. When the Percy Shelley originally wrote the poem it was
intended to capture the hardships of the early eighteen-hundreds. Though, the poem is written
metaphorically by using wind to represent the changes we ex