4. 7) Natural frequency is the frequency of the system with all damping removed. It is given by
the magnitude of the pole.
The damped frequency of oscillation is the frequency of oscillation with damping in the
system. It is given by the imaginary p
2. 1) Transfer function.
2. 2) Linear time-invariant (LIT) systems.
2. 3) The Laplace transform.
2. 4) The transfer function is the Laplace transform of a systems impulse response.
, where y(t) is the output and x(t) is the input.
6. 1) The natural response is what determines the stability of a linear system.
6. 2) If the natural response does not decay to zero as , then it is possible to find a
bounded input that causes the output to grow without bound.
6. 3) Typically, a sy