1. How did the normalization of deviance lead NASA engineers to suffer from willful
ignorance in the case of the space shuttle Columbia disaster?
When foam strikes problem happened many times before and many times space shuttle had
safely launched, NASA e
1. Look at the ASCEs definition of sustainable development in the text. How would you
paraphrase it? What does it mean to say that it is only a strive to comply requirement?
2. Paraphrase the authors preferred degree of harm requirement. How does it try t
I learned sometimes moral can be difficult to tell in some situations. Sometimes, it is hard to tell
whether it is moral or not. In exercises, should you kill the fat man and should you kill the backpacker
prove moral action can be hard to tell. One quest
1. Paraphrase the criteria of environmental cleanliness described on p. 175. Which, if any
of them, do you regard as most reasonable? Explain.
I believe the second criteria, the environment is clean if the pollutants present in it are
normally present in
1. What is the differences between role responsibility, obligation responsibility and blame
responsibility? Use each of these terms in context (and in a way that makes it clear that you
know what they mean) in the course of describing the responsibilities
1. How do engineers define risk? How can this understanding be explicated in terms of
cost-benefit analysis? How can this understanding be explicated in terms of capabilities?
Engineers define risk as the product of the likelihood of an event and the magn
1. What are the characteristics of traditional systems of ethics which Jonas cites, and how
are they expressed in the Chorus recitation from Sophocles Antigone?
The characteristics of traditional systems of ethics involve man and nature. In traditional
1. The general idea behind respect for persons is people and things is different. We have to make
approach in persons view to solve problems. We have to respect people. So, that means people cannot
be killed, deceived, denied their freedom, or others that