Topic 4: ANOVA Excel Worksheet
Directions: Answer all questions and submit to instructor at the end
of Module 4
Since Fobs is less than Fcrit (Fobs = 1.655 < 3.252 = Fcrit) we fail to reject the null hypothesis that all treatment
1. The researchers analyzed the data they collected as though it was at what level of
2. What was the mean posttest empowerment score for the control group?
3. Compare the mean baseline and posttest depres
Answer each question completely to recieve full credit
1. There is a new drug that is used to treat leukemia. The following data
represents the remission time in weeks for a random sample of 21
patients using the drug.
Topic Five: Correlation/Regression and Chi Square
Directions: Answer all problems and submit to instructor at the end of Module 5
SYSTOLIC AND DIASTOLIC BLOOD PRESSURE OF FEMALES
The following table represents systolic and diastolic blood
1. What is the r value for the relationship between Hamstring strength index 60/s and the
shuttle run test? Is this r significant? Provide a rationale for your answer.
r = -0.149 is the r Value listed in Table 5 for the relationship between H
A t-test is a hypothesis test in which the test statistic follows a Students t-distribution under the
null hypothesis. There are several different test statistics that fall into the category of a t-test.
df n 1
Analysis of Variance is a method of testing the equality of three or more population
means by analyzing sample variance.
The one-way ANOVA is used to compare three or more population means when there is
one factor of interest.
Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
When hypothesis testing is performed in clinical research, the data embedded into each sample
corresponds to a specific sample. If there are one or two treatments, then use t-tests to analyze
the effectiveness of