Homework #3 Answer Key: P. 54 / 1.16, 1.17, 1.18
Which of the following are not valid Java identifiers? Why?
i. invalid because it begins with a digit
EX 1.1. Review Question: Give examples of the two types of Java comments and explain the
differences between them.
/ This application program displays Welcome to Java!
/* This application program displays Welcome to Java! */
When the compiler sees /, it
1 What is the Java source filename extension, and what is the
Java bytecode filename extension?
2. What are the input and output of a Java compiler?
3 What is the command to compile a Java program?
public class lamyacfw_
1. What language does the CPU understand?
2. What is an assembly language?
is a low-level language and close in nature to machine language and is machine
3. What is an assembler?
An assembler translates assembly-language instru
1. How do you write a statement to let the user enter an integer or a double value from the
2. What happens if you entered 5a when executing the following code? double radius =
3. What are the naming conventions for class nam
1.1 What are hardware and software?
1-hardeare comprises the visible, physical elements of the computer, and software provides
the invisible instruction that control the hardware and make it perform specific tasks.
1.2 List five major hardware components