Concepts in Enterprise Resource Planning, Fourth Edition
Marketing Information Systems and the Sales Order Process
CRM and Social Media
Responses will vary. Social media challenges include:
Accurately measuring return on inves
Chapter 1: Business Functions and Business Processes
1. One of the four functional areas of operation is Human Resources (HR).
2. Historically, businesses have had organizational structures that separated the functional are
Chapter 1: Business Functions and Business
1. One of the four functional areas of operation is
Human Resources (HR).
2. Historically, businesses have had
organizational structures that separated the
1. The packing list is part of the invoice receipt step in the Purchasing Process.
2. The packing list is part of the receive goods step in the Purchasing Process.
3. A three-way match is necessary before payment is made.
4. A packing list
1. The fulfillment process often begins when a customer sends an inquiry.
2. The fulfillment process often begins when a supplier sends an inquiry.
3. The fulfillment process often begins when a supplier sends a quotation.
4. The fulfillm
1. Explain the difference between sell-from-stock and configure-to-order strategies
Sell-from-stock is when a company sells products directly from their finished goods or inventory
to their customers. Configure-to-order is when the supply
1. Which of the following are variations of the basic fulfillment process?
*a. quote to cash
b. procure to pay
c. requisition to pay
*d. inquiry to cash
e. plan to produce
2. Which of the following are documents associated with the fulfillment process?
Balance sheet: indicates the financial condition of a company at a specific point in time.
Business process: sequence of tasks or activities that take a set of inputs and convert them into
the desired output.
Data: raw facts that, by themselves,
Task 1: What differentiates best-run companies from average? Often, its industryspecific software. SAP offers best practices, processes, and benchmarking
preconfigured software solutions for the industries to give business users the exact
SOLUTIONS FOR THE QUESTIONS FOR CHAPTER 01
1. What are the drawbacks of a functional organizational structure? What negative
consequences do they lead to?
The major drawback of a functional organizational structure is the silo effect where persons
in a fu
1. Describe the differences among the three generations of enterprise
systems mainframe architecture, client-server architecture, and serviceoriented architecture.
Mainframe architecture is a large, expensive, and isolated syste